Saturday football visit updates

Highly regarded cornerback Rayshad Williams of Memphis Whitehaven called today’s visit really great. He said the coaches showed him lot of love and he loved the academic center and the strength and conditioning program.\

“Definitely in my top 3 of favorite schools” Tennessee and Virginia Tech are his other two schools.

Jonesboro offensive tackle Noah Gatlin said the visit highlights were meeting Bielema and Kurt Anderson. He plans to attend the June 18 camp.

I’ve been high on 2019 LB Darin Davenport of Ft. Smith Southside since watching his video.

He said TE coach Barry Lunney Jr. said he was one of the best in-state linebackers he’s seen in about five years.

That’s not really saying much. Not exactly producing a lot of good players at that position.

Have you looked at his video? He’s only a sophmore. He has a chance to be pretty special.

I wasn’t talking about the kid. My comment was about comparing him to the LB’s that have come out of Arkansas since Bielema has been here. Saying he is the best prospect is great but it’s not like you are saying he is better at this stage than someone who was an all conference player.

Brooks Ellis had some very good offers coming out of high school.

They have been several good linebackers in this state lately who have not made their grades.