Satisfying NBA title

I find this win by the Bucks to be extremely satisfying. One reason of course is for Bobby Portis. He represents the Razorbacks and the state of Arkansas. SOOOIE.

Though most importantly because of how the Bucks did it. I pretty much stopped watching the NBA when it got to the point of… lets run out and buy 3 big superstars and win a championship. I was thrilled to see a “TEAM” like the Bucks do it without that. They drafted their star and slowly built the parts around him. Not a big pack of superstars though several certainly played that way.

2 Likes

Certainly shows you don’t have to go the “dream team” route to win a title, and you don’t have to have the megamarket city either.

1 Like

Well said Votan.

1 Like

So true. And, Giannis’ “Pippin”, Kris Middleton was a 2nd round draft choice and spent a year or 2 in the G-League.

The Bucks fans are amazing also. My goodness, I’ve never heard of a team having 65,000 fans, who couldn’t get tickets, standing elbow to elbow outside the arena and watching on a giant screen.

2 Likes

BTW, Brook Lopez is the only lottery pick on this team. There were raised eyebrows when they drafted Giannis.