Sategna named Gatorade Arkansas Track & Field player of the year

2 Likes

This seems to be a well deserved honor for Isaiah Sategna. It’s interesting to me that Isaiah was not chosen as Male Athlete of the Year by the All Arkansas Preps promoted by the Arkansas Democrat Gazette a couple of weeks ago. I think I saw they were selected by members of the Ark Dem Gaz staff but that may not be correct.

The winner was Adrian Carranco of Beebe who won the Arkansas Decathlon and was a dominant performer for Beebe at the state track meet. Sategna was the most dominant track athlete in the state’s largest classification, winning even more events than Carranco, yet Sategna was not even included on the All Prep track team. This was either some terrible mistake or he somehow was disqualified from consideration. Evidently, Sategna didn’t compete in the Meet of Champions, so maybe that was somehow why he wasn’t included. Interestingly, he was included on the All Prep football team.

Is there an explanation for this?

Adrain was three-sport athlete who was all conference in all three. Was all state in track and won two-three events at the meet of champions. I was told he would’ve been all state in football but missed a few games.

He tripled jump 48 feet. That caught my attention.

Thanks Richard. I really didn’t intend to argue that Sategna should have been chosen over Carranco. It was the fact that Sategna wasn’t even included on the All Prep Track Team. There were 12 athletes listed under “Boys Track”. There are two members of the Fayetteville HS team on the list but Sategna is not one of them. Surely that was an oversight or there has to be some explanation.

NP. I get what you’re saying.

Is Carranco on the watch list for any Univ of Arkansas sport? At 6’2", he has height for a receiver, but would need to put on weight. His listed 40 time is 4.62, which isn’t elite. Sounds like a heck of an athlete though.

NP. I get what you’re saying.

According to the article I read, he will run track at UCA.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.