Sategna highlights

I think it was @youdaman who was looking for Sategna’s senior highlights a few weeks ago. I ran across this today that includes several of his big plays from 2021.

2 Likes

Matt, your color guy sure said “Wow” a lot. But then again, those were WOW catches.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt,yeah he is special,hopefully we can get him on the field early! I just hope we can keep him healthy but if Devonta Smith can do it w/o getting hurt,he can too.

Has the QB signed with anyone,threw one pass about 60 yds in the air

2 Likes

All I can say is “WOW”.

Really good play by play Matt.

2 Likes

His speed looks effortless. PBP guy was really good.

2 Likes

He has not. He did not receive any D1 offers until after the season when Middle Tennessee offered him. There were some other teams talking to him. I think he’s a heck of a quarterback. I’m not sure why more teams haven’t reached out.

Fayetteville also had a No. 2 receiver this year, Jalen Blackburn, who I think is good enough to play at the FBS level somewhere.

2 Likes

I think there was one play last season when we just looked at each other and I said, “We’re running out of words to describe him.”

2 Likes

Well he looks to have a very nice arm, that’s a good starting point for sure…

I would love to see us get him as a walk on.

1 Like

The QB’s name is Bladen Fike. His dad, Jason, was a cheerleader at Arkansas in the early 1990s. They are Razorback fans. Whether he’d end up at Arkansas in that capacity, I don’t know.

Bladen grew close to 3 inches and 30 pounds between his junior and senior seasons, and I think he might grow more based on his dad’s size. His dad is a weightlifter and put him on a lift routine that helped him a lot.

2 Likes

Well I kept noticing a lot of those passes were right on target including the 60 yarder that Satenga never broke stride on! Very impressive… not many can throw it 60 yards at all, much less have it right on target.

1 Like

Marcus Monk holds the freshman record… be great to have it broken by the young man with elite speed.

2 Likes

Marcus Monk is the trash that needs to taken out ASAP because it smells so bad. I hate that he has any U of A records. He is a straight up POS…and I have my reasons for saying that.

1 Like

Sategna not only had elite speed, he has hands – he’s making hands-only catches away from his body, Hope he can find a role with the Hogs sooner rather than later.

1 Like

This is what I noticed as well. Attacks the ball well–don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like how he took it away from the defender in that one play toward the end of the clip.

1 Like

You certainly have far more inside info than I do, and you will not get any disagreement from me about MM’s post Hog days. Let the new Hog break the record.

1 Like

And one of the worst parts was Marcus’ intent to use his brother Malik, for his own personal gain. The worst kind of selfish. From what I understand, if left up to Malik, he would have been a Razorback.

1 Like

Unless he was mentally retarded, it was his decision.

I guess you’ve never had an older brother that you looked up to and wanted to please.

1 Like

Actually, I had four and all owned their own businesses.

So, when you were 17, you didn’t look up to them and want to please them?

1 Like