Sategna flips commitment from Ducks to Hogs (updated with Sategna quotes)

5 Likes

Whoa! That’s wonderful.

2 Likes

Yep, great Hog news

2 Likes

Now we just need to flip Ware.

1 Like

Looks to have all the tools,just hope he can take that to the field.Great job guys.

1 Like

Really uncommon athleticism, a long jumper and sprinter WR. Let’s hope it translates to the field. Soon!

GHG

1 Like

Great news indeed. Phenomenal athlete, and he is obviously dangerous with the football in his hands. Fayetteville seems to have some serious studs on their team.

2 Likes

Playing two sports in college is almost unheard of today. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

1 Like

LSU, Florida, and aTm have had some football players run track, probably others, in the past. I can see them running the sprints in the outdoor season, probably much tougher in the indoor season. It will be interesting to see which is his best sport.

He is a dangerous kick returner.

I have a buddy who coaches track in NWA and he has told me since Sategna was a freshman that he’s an Elite track athlete, like top 5 in the country kind of kid.

Doubtful, the top 5 high school times were 10.4 or under in 2020.

He is also an accomplished sprinter and plans to run track in college. Sategna won five individual titles and set state records in the 60 meters (6.86 seconds) and the 60-meter hurdles (7.88) at the Class 6A indoor state meet in 2020. His time in the 60 hurdles was the nation’s fifth-best last year and he was named the Arkansas Gatorade Male Track Athlete of the Year.

In 2019, Sategna won three outdoor state championships as a freshman. According to MileSplit, his 37.67 seconds in the 300 hurdles that year was the fifth-fastest freshman performance at the distance since 2000.

At least in December of last year he was. Not sure now because I think he was hampered by an injury. Maybe a hamstring. Trying to find out.

I’m not saying he isn’t very fast, just that he wasn’t top 5 in the country.

Dudley was able to get a hold of Isaiah. Just added a lot of quotes from the newest Hog.

Great stuff from Isaiah.

Right. He hasn’t progressed as well as I thought he would in track. I don’t know if that is because he is playing two sports or he is one of those that show great promise at a very young age, but fade later.

At one point, I felt he should focus on track because that is the sport he could continue in after college. Now I am not sure and no longer feel that way.

I said earlier he was injured last track season and that hurt his performance. I text the Fayetteville T&F coach earlier and he said Isaiah had a foot injury from football that never allowed him to be a 100% and he only competed in two meets.

Like I told him, if he was healthy he would’ve put up some very impressive numbers.

That explains.