Sam seems to me to be the right man in the right place at the right time ---------

----------- first and foremost because he really, sincerely, wanted the job. He wanted to come to Arkansas and be the head coach. His all-out buy-in, his former players buy-in, and his coaching contacts buy-in to him (as he fills his staff) will guarantee the days of players not buying-in, opting out, quitting, etc. are gone. That is the keystone of the rebuilding foundation. He is a great recruiter, particularly of the type of players sorely missing from our team at this time. He is tough and totally driven and he will demand and inspire the same in his players. He is fundamentally sound in his coaching and leadership. There will be no gimmicks, no flashy catch-phrases, and no “all sizzle and no steak” in HIS team.

He strikes me as an intelligent and humble man who will have no problem reaching out to his staff and former coaches for advice and guidance on the nuances of being a great head coach instead of just a great offensive line coach and recruiter. So I just think where he is strongest is where we are in the most need for our head coach. Where he is weakest as a new head coach, based on his personality, can be handled and I expect a “gentle not steep ‘learning on the job’ curve” for him as our head coach.