Sam Pittman was on SportsCenter with SVP

When asked if he felt like he and his wife, Jamie, were at home in Arkansas, here was Sam Pittman’s response:

This statement is probably going to cost me a little bit of money one of these days, but this is it for me. I’m not interested in any other program. Arkansas is truly the greatest program in America to me. I grew up 75 miles from here, I have a lake home in Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, my wife is from Pittsburg, Kansas, and we’re home and this is where we want to be. And this will be my last job.

15 Likes

wow!! talk about candid, but that is all you get from him, sincere answers, he aint trying to fool nobody and I think that comes across loud and clear to the players, they know where they stand. I hope its all peaches and cream, but I fell pretty sure there are some rough roads ahead.

1 Like

That statement should speak volumes to recruits.
I really hope it does work out so CSP finishes his career here, leaves on his own terms, leaving a legacy and high standard for the next Coach to uphold.

3 Likes

Jimbeau77, you hit the nail on the head. Recruits will eat that up! If we can get a few more wins this season which will keep us in the national spotlight, recruits will read and hear more and more about Arkansas and its great coach and will want to be a part of the excitement of being on a team that is fully supported by an entire state. I haven’t felt this good about our situation in a long time. This coach is perfect for Arkansas and its future. WPS!

1 Like
1 Like

I sure do love me some CSP

3 Likes

WOW! I love it! Can’t get enough! Razorback nation is so blessed with CSP.

2 Likes

This is what I had hoped for in a Coach - I’m all in

1 Like

Coach has said all those things before, but it sure sounds good to hear them again. We know that he means it. And remember, he wanted to take less in salary, provided he could pay more to his assistants.

1 Like

What a good Guy reminds me of one of my Uncles just a salt of the earth stand up Guy who lived by his word - We are so blessed - glad he is Home

1 Like

My Uncle Bill left this world one year ago. He loved the Hogs and he would be thrilled with Sam. He’s one of us.

1 Like

I’ve heard this from nearly every new head coach wether it be high school, college or pro level program ,but when CSP says it with the sincerity and humbleness that he brings forth I believe every word. I wish him the very best for all his days to come as Head Hog of the Arkansas Razorbacks! WPS

1 Like

I get you LDhog. I wish my Daddy were alive to know and appreciate Sam. He would love it.

This is Daddy in the hard hat that he made to wear to Hog football games. He is pictured at a Web Hog tailgate.

hardhat

2 Likes

Precious memories!

1 Like

What a wonderful interview. The thing that worried me most about this was whether we’d have enough success that recruits could believe in him & his staff. That’s not a worry any longer. I’m afraid to count on more wins, but I like our chances in every game we play of at least being competitive & likely getting some more W’s. The trajectory is UP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.