Ryan Newsome

He announced his plans to transfer from Texas.

Most think he’s headed to UCLA, but it wouldn’t shock me to see him take a look at Arkansas. Doesn’t hurt to have Jake Raulerson on campus. His mother is from Little Rock and he has aunt living in the state.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Would be a nice replacement for Eric Hawkins in the return game.

Wax

If this is the same kid that came from Aledo, he is a straight baller, dangerous everytime he touches the ball…

Way, Way, Way more dangerous…

Yes.

I agree, he can really play. I saw him as a high school senior and am surprised that he couldn’t play for Strong. I understand he saw little time in the orange and white game this spring.

That coupled with all the 2016 Baylor defections that signed with Texas, they ran out of scholarships. So, I’m fairly certain Strong helped Newsome with his decision.

Meh. In a league of giant receivers, he’s a little short.

Slot.

He is one of the most dangerous return men I’ve seen on tape… Jitterbug

That being said, don’t know what kind of kid he was off the field, but once again if you are in a depth chart with a bunch of 5 stars, there is not to much room for error…

Sometimes a kid and a coach aren’t a good fit. He wanted to leave in Dec.

While I would love to have him, it isn’t going to happen. He released a top 6 schools: Tennessee, Alabama, Michigan State, Texas A&M, Arizona State and USC.

He might not ever visit but he does have interest. Should know more in the next day or two.

Which i suspect is the case because the top 6 he listed has little interest in him??

He just needs to transfer, listing all the top schools again is doing nothing for him, just make a move and just enroll and play…

https://twitter.com/CFTalk/status/757974539766603776

Charlie Strong has recruited well and that roster is loaded.