RWIII - Leading SEC in Rushing Yards

Unless Pettway has a monster game against Alabama, RWIII will finish the regular season as the leader in rushing yards in the SEC. What a great story and accomplishment!

Austin Allen will likely finish 2nd in passing yards.

At the start of the season, how many would have predicted either one of these stats?

Nice job, boys.

Both should be All-SEC, but I doubt they will be first team. They each played great and it would have been an even more disappointing season without them. Both are what I call sneaky good…not flashy, but excellent players.

There’s absolutely no way Rawleigh should be left off the First Team. None.

RWiii will probably get shunned on 1st team all SEC and that is sad, he has been a rock for us on offense and coming back from a very scarey injury suffered a year ago, he left it all on the field this year. Very proud of that young man.

Until yesterday AA was an All SEC candidate but his last performance in an SEC game against a poor Mizzo team which we lost to will likely stick in everyone’s head. He may make 3rd team now, deserves better but.

You could make an argument for Rawleigh, Derrius Guice and Kamryn Pettway to be first-team picks. Someone is going to get left off. Guice nearly won the rushing title splitting carries with Fournette several games and with his team only playing 11 times. Pettway missed four games because of injury.

Guice is the best back I have seen in the SEC or anywhere else this season. Not taking anything away from RW. I love him and have from the start. Of course RW did not have an Oline to run behind this season and Guice certainly did, but still, I think he is the best.

Great job Rawleigh and Austin!

RW missed out on a 250 yard day because he didn’t get to play against the Hog defense.

I thought Guice was the best, too. What he did the last three weeks was phenomenal - 77 carries, 620 yards and 7 TDs.

There isn’t an argument for Pettway over Rawleigh, other than it’s Auburn and not Arkansas.

Pettway had 200 less yards and 5 less TDs.

Leaving out the league-leading rusher who also is 3rd in rushing TDs would be a joke.

But, I agree. Many will strain, as you are, to suggest the 3 are equivalent and someone (Rawleigh) has to be left out.