running back

when boyd and whaley went down, we continued to try to pound the ball with our smallest and least physical back. you could tell the running game wasn’t the same.

which brings up a number of questions

why didn’t we play another back, we had both a bruiser and hammonds on the bench.
why did we keep trying to pound it instead of opening it up a bit, you could tell offense went stagnant when whaley went down
if nolan had been getting second team reps as the announcers said, why not play him if we were still going to pound the ball, kelly is about a fleet of foot as a turtle. at least he would have added some quickness to the qb position. kelly did ok, other than he missed a wide open short receiver for a first down on our next to last drive, then he threw the interception but the game was over at that point.

we played the second half not to lose instead of trying to win. ill hand it to orgeron. he stated after the game his directive to the offensive staff was keep aggressive. we certainly did not do that.

Wasn’t at the game so don’t know if those questions were asked after game.

Seems to answer more of that type at Monday’s.

I was surprised that Maleek Williams didn’t get some carries.

I assume MW he was on the trip. I don’t think they are limited to a 70-member travel squad in Little Rock as they are on SEC road games. I don’t like to jump to conclusions.

As for Noland, I assume they didn’t want to waste one of his four games on what they thought would be just a few plays.

Especially since - as you said - Kelley did okay until the final two possessions.

I’m pretty sure Noland will play this week.

Austin Cantrell’s penalty was a killer on that one drive.

What a stupid play by Cantrell - probably win if he doesn’t set them back. Great senior leadership there.

Cantrell is a junior, but point taken.

I didn’t realize he was married and had a kid until the announcers pointed that out last night.

He will be 23 in December.

Think 2nd and 5 turned in to 2nd and 20… just a killer and, again, courtesy of an upperclassmen.

Goes back to this bunch not doing the little things it takes to win and they haven’t for several years now.

We need a culture flip as much as we need a roster flip…hopefully the former comes with the latter.

But wasnt that the drive that a pass interference call came right after that penalty…or was the pi on woods defender earlier in the game?

[quote=“Razorwill”]

when boyd and whaley went down, we continued to try to pound the ball with our smallest and least physical back. you could tell the running game wasn’t the same.

which brings up a number of questions

why didn’t we play another back, we had both a bruiser and hammonds on the bench.
why did we keep trying to pound it instead of opening it up a bit, you could tell offense went stagnant when whaley went down
if nolan had been getting second team reps as the announcers said, why not play him if we were still going to pound the ball, kelly is about a fleet of foot as a turtle. at least he would have added some quickness to the qb position. kelly did ok, other than he missed a wide open short receiver for a first down on our next to last drive, then he threw the interception but the game was over at that point.

we played the second half not to lose instead of trying to win. ill hand it to orgeron. he stated after the game his directive to the offensive staff was keep aggressive. we certainly did not do that.

[/quote]He didn’t miss him. That ball was extremely catchable, and I bet Pettway would tell you he should have caught it. Can’t blame Kelley for every incompletion. Receivers have to do their part.

It was a very dumb move, but they did get bailed out with the PI. He hit the receiver in a really bad place, right in the hand, right in stride. No way to catch those!