Running Back depth (opinion)

Devwah has picked up enough of the blocking scheme and is most likely the clear #2 RB.

TJ will assume the same duties as Felix Jones (returning punts + RB duties) he has a Joe Adams type slipperines.

[youtube]DB9DA0oJCPE[/youtube]

Out of respect & his knowledge of the blocking schemes Kody will continue to get carries but as I stated in fall practice he is currently the least effective back on the top 4 roster.

Devwah Whaley is easily the most gifted Freshmen Running Back BB has ever had, his words not mine.

[youtube]jSbegB719VM[/youtube]

RWIII is influenced heavily by Jonathan Williams/Alex Collins which was appearent when focusing on his legs immediately churning rapidly upon contact with a defender.

Arkansas may very well win 8-10 games including the post season as the Offensive Line improves each and every Saturday.

But the hits the QB/RB will take via baptism by fire will dissipate with cohesiveness, experience & a maturity of Coach Dan Enos playbook.

90% of the Offense returns next season. If the Defense continues to utilize depth the 2017 season could easily be our most successful in BB tenure.

This years current team “WOULD NOT” defeat last years Arkansas Liberty Bowl team…but by Mid-November most coaches & writer’s believe the O-Line will have matured enough to make this team a threat to take on any, any opponent.

They may very well defeat Alabama and inexplicably lose to Ole Miss or Auburn. Basically if our matchup with the Aggies was game #11 or #12 instead of #4 on the schedule each season Arkansas has a much better W/L record the previous 5 season’s. -

I don’t understand why people keep saying this. Does anyone watch any games besides AR? Ole Miss for the first half of every game this year, has shown they ARE THE BEST team in the country. This past weekend they figured out how to finish. I think we have a better chance of beating Bama than we or aTm has of beating Ole Miss.

Yeah, I said this last Saturday, I think Ole Miss is the second-best team in the West right now. Blown leads aside, you’ve got to be pretty good to get up 21 on Bama and FSU.

But I agree with the rest of the OP. I’m very interested to see how TJ looks this week. By November I could see a touch distribution of RW 20, Devwah 10, TJ 6 (maybe including returns), Kody 4. The OL’s progress is the biggest key. Now that it’s maybe finally set, they should start to gel.

Yes. I watch the games. I watched OM–your supposed possible best team in the country–get out scored 39-6 in he second half of a game they had a 93% chance of winning after going up 28-6 with 3 minutes left in the first half.

I saw them go up 24-3 against Bama with 2:47 in the 1st half and get out scored 45-19 the rest of the way.

I saw them get their big win was against a UGA team that was lucky to survive at home against a bad FCS team and at a rebuilding Mizzou that won’t sniff a bowl.

I saw us beat them last year in Oxford when they were playing for a SECw title.

I saw us shut them out the year before.

So, what exactly am I supposed to be seeing that I’m not?

They have great talent and an average coach.

People like you who worship them make me laugh.

Am I guaranteeing a win? No. They may beat us and it may be a game that they should be favored to win.

But, putting them up on some untouchable pedestal because of their recruiting rankings and cheating is weird.

Yes. I watch the games. I watched OM–your supposed possible best team in the country–get out scored 39-6 in the second half of a game they had a 93% chance of winning after going up 28-6 with 3 minutes left in the first half. That was against a team that lost 63-20 at Louisville.

I saw them go up 24-3 against Bama with 2:47 in the 1st half and get out scored 45-19 the rest of the way.

I saw them get their big win against a UGA team that was lucky to survive at home against a bad FCS team and at a rebuilding Mizzou that won’t sniff a bowl.

I saw us beat them last year in Oxford when they were playing for a SECw title.

I saw us shut them out the year before.

So, what exactly am I supposed to be seeing that I’m not?

They have great talent and an average coach.

People like you who worship them make me laugh.

Am I guaranteeing a win? No. They may beat us and it may be a game that they should be favored to win.

But, putting them up on some untouchable pedestal because of their recruiting rankings and cheating is weird.

Have we ever gone up 24-3 over Bama since Saban got there? Have we ever had a lead on FSU? You keep bringing up last year, our best players are gone, which IS WHY we were just embarrassed at aTm. How many times have we gave up leads? I agree their coach is garbage, but I’m not putting them on a pedestal because of recruiting rankings. I actually watch the games.

Have you watched us beat them the last 2 years, one being a shutout and the other knocking them out of the SECCG?

Have you watched us beat them 4 of the last 6 with one of the Hog losses coming on a FG to end the game?

Have you watched us beat them 8 out of the last 12?

Have you watched us beat them 5 out of the last 6 in Fayetteville?

Look–I get it. They have talent. They may beat us. They will probably be favored by 4-5 points.

But, basically you have them in your top 2-3 teams on the basis of “good” losses in which they had great first halfs and then were trounced in the 2nd half and lost.

You can’t (if you’re objectively “watching” those games) get aroused by the first halfs and ignore the 2nd-half curb stompings–if you’re gonna be he one bragging about how you actually watch the games and how no one else seems to do so.

We had good 1st halves against both ATM and TCU, and we should have lost both, so it works both ways (and don’t forget our luck against a HORRIBLE La Tech team). Look I get it, you are bragging about the past. As you’ve told the Petrino guys, the past is over this is NOW.

We had good 1st halves against both ATM and TCU, and we should have lost both, so it works both ways (and don’t forget our luck against a HORRIBLE La Tech team). Look I get it, you are bragging about the past. As you’ve told the Petrino guys, the past is over this is NOW.[/quote/]

What a dumb response. I’m not bragging about anything. And, I haven’t told Petrino people, anything, collectively. If they want to pine for him and ignore that he and he alone is the reason he isn’t here, then have at it.

I just get sick of the people who say they’re keeping it real when, really, they cherry pick things to match their views.

What is current is that we have a current 2 game winning streak against OM and you act like we shouldn’t be on the field with them despite being currently ranked a few spots below them and getting them at home.

Our loss against TAMU was ugly–mainly due to dumb mistakes. Our near loss against LA Tech wad scary.

But, we won at a Top 10-15 program, are 3-1 this year and 10-3 since starting 1-3 last year.

In that span we have 3 road wins over ranked teams (included OM) and another over media darling Tennessee.

So, forgive me if I don’t join you in going Ole Miss fan boy and completely ignoring and in fact bashing our now very solid, good program, which has routinely been beating the team about which you are gushing.

1. I haven’t said I’m keeping it real.
  2. You keep saying that Ole Miss isn’t good because they gave up leads. We’ve done the same.
  3. You keep saying what about the past. If the past mattered we would have beat aTm
  4. You keep saying I’m fan boying over Ole Miss. I’m saying a FACT, in the first half of every game they’ve looked really good. You are saying that because they gave up second half leads (something we’ve done a lot in the last two years) that they aren’t good, guess that means we ain’t either.
  5. As you said you can’t have it both ways.

By the way, I haven’t insulted you, but since I had a dumb response, let’s talk about why you’re saying let downs matter for them but not us.

No way Ole Miss is the best team in the country or 2nd, they are top 10…

Where did I say OM isn’t good? I’m not discounting them for blowing leads and giving us a pass. I’m saying it is completely bizarre rationale to say, as Jimmy did, “yeah…they may have lost huge leads to FSU and Bama…but hey…they must be a Top 5 team because they got up big on FSU and Bama”.

Good grief. Both halves matter. They both count the same–for us, OM, Bama and everyone else.

It’s completely baffling that a 2-2 team that blew 2 different 3 TD leads in the first few weeks (which hadn’t happened in several decades) is being touted as a playoff-type team (particularly when FSU is anything but vintage…63-20 to Lou).

That’s all I’m saying–not that they’re awful and we are great. You haven’t seen me calling the Hogs a Top 2-3 team. I’m just saying the talk that OM is one of the Top 2-3 teams in America and we have no shot at them is just odd and not backed up by the on-field results.

Lastly, calling a response (not a person) dumb is substantively not much different than touting yourself for “actually watching the games”, so save the hurt feel bads stuff.

That’s basically what Daytona said.

What’s hurt feel bads stuff? Are you trying to say hurt feelings and bad stuff for later?

Actually that’s not what he said. He said we could beat Bama (who should have lost to Ole Miss) then inexplicably lose to Ole Miss or Auburn (insinuating both teams are horrible). If you’ve watched the games Ole Miss isn’t horrible (of course I thought Stanford was pretty good to). Yes, they’ve blown two leads, but we have to, so unless everyone considers us horrible then it’s an unfair description of Ole Miss.

Yes, I understand most of you consider Ole Miss the new Texas. That’s not correct. Texas dominated us in the old SWC, so the new Texas would be Bama. Ole Miss would be the new aTm (a team that started giving us fits towards the end of the SWC). Of course aTm and LSU aren’t much higher on my list.

Ole Miss is a very good team, no question. Chad Kelly makes them a potentially a great team, and as we all know, he is the kind of QB that gives us fits. I hate that they have an open date while we take on Bama. I will say that if our oline play improves and our running backs really start to gel (back to the topic) we can stay with them. Ought to be a fun game to watch. Woo Pig…

Regarding Bama, OM and Us;
Both of you basically said we may beat or have a better chance of beating Bama, then could very well lose to Ole Miss, whether Daytona insinuated Ole Miss was terrible and you insinuated or think they are great or not, both of your statements reflect the same possible outcome.
We could possibly beat Bama and then turn around and possibly lose to Ole Miss.
3 Other possibilities are:
We lose to Bama and beat Ole Miss
We beat both of them.
We lose to both of them.
At this point I think Bama is the only team that is staying on course with their identity, but we have given them all they can handle lately, but still losing. Ole Miss has had Bama’s number for the last 2-1/2 games with 1 game having some lucky bounces and Bama mistakes.
Then we have had Ole Miss’s number for 2 games with 1 game having a lucky bounce and alert play on the field by us and mistakes by Ole Miss.
I think OM and aTm are very similar lately, they come outta the gates fast, but falter or choke later when the pressure and/or title is on the line.
I will just be happy when we are in a position to have it come down to 1 game, to either win the title, fail miserably, or just choke under pressure. Preferably winning it.

Teams that are “putting it together” as some on here think OM…open week can be a bad thing as it disrupts their momentum.

Just gave up a 99 TD drive and (again) after being up big is now up 27-21 with 3 mins left 3q vs CFB Powerhouse Memphis State.

Oh, and they’re awesome, super quality 3 TD blown lead loss to FSU isn’t looking as good, today (again) unless maybe UNC is a Top 5 team, too.