Roy Kramer on Finebaum

Reflecting back on the original SEC expansion in 1992

“Arkansas was a vibrant member of the old Big 8”

Seriously?
The guy who orchestrated the first seismic expansion doesn’t remember the league we came from?

1 Like

Well Roy is 91 years old. A little dementia isn’t surprising.

1 Like

i heard that too and thought the same thing…seems all the SEC is looking forward to all the Big matchups and Arkansas is rarely mentioned…its always tex-LSU;Tex/ALA;OK-LSU;Ok.AUB…we’re just an after thought for everyone…even Jackie Sherill tried to take credit for the breakup of the old SWC…made it try to sound like he was the one who decided us and the other needed to leave but politics came into play and we were the only ones

1 Like

We are an after thought. Look at the record. Only one way to change that.

1 Like

Jim, I hope we change that before I leave this world!

1 Like

Finebaum did mention that Ark-Texas was a big rivalry before

1 Like

We haven’t won since 2011. I understand why no one talks about us. We badly need a run of good seasons. I don’t expect to win big this year, but we need to start winning 5-6 SEC games soon. Then get to 7 and see what happens.

1 Like

I’ve never watched Finebaum in the past, but I’ve been tuning in a good bit this week to see the breaking news and opinions. He’s said more than once that he really wants to be in Fayetteville for the Texas game this fall.

And he has been saying he will be at the Arkansas-Texas game this fall come hell or high water. Apparently he sees this game as an important precursor of things to come. (Sorry, mow, didn’t read all the way down)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.