Rowser signs with

FCS Campbell.

Now, will the insiders please tell us what the heck is going on?

2 Likes

The Fighting Camels gave Kevin Kelly his first loss as a collegiate coach, 72-0.

As I said yesterday, when we can speak about it with more clarity, we will.

That’s as far as I feel comfortable - journalistically and legally - going at this point.

2 Likes

Reading between the lines sounds like maybe some legal issues

Wish Myles all the best and good luck.
Glad he didn’t wind up at an SEC rival. (Yet).

1 Like

Always appreciate you being above board in your job Dudley! You, RD and all the writers are always that way!

1 Like

Maybe he will hit the portal next week……

Maybe down the road the young man ends up on the hill. Good luck to the young man!

2 Likes

Snippets from a couple articles I read this evening. I wonder if they’ll print corrections after more details are available. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“Four-star safety Myles Rowser spurns Arkansas for…FCS school”

“an SEC program that many believe is on the rise, just got beat out by a school that almost no one even knew was a school,”

Another snippet is he may have been involved (from the outside) with people in a car jacking ring.
Call it a snippet ie rumor for now.

Lack of common sense and a stab at sensationalism.

4 Likes

I think you folks are reading way too much into this. Myles probably grew up dreaming of playing for the Camels and would be willing to walk a mile for the opportunity to do so.

2 Likes

I’ve been to Buies Creek, NC. There is no there, there.

Did you go there on a horse with no name? I assume it is in the North Carolina desert and that creek, is just a mirage. Good place for Myles to lay low for awhile.

1 Like

It’s actually in the piney woods of NC. It’s not even officially a town; it’s a census-designated place. Other than CU, not much there. Population less than 3,000. But it did have minor league baseball for a couple of years; the Astros’ low-A team played on the CU baseball field until they built a new downtown ballpark in nearby Fayetteville in 2019.

Campbell does have a good basketball camp. Like the big schools do, but at a much lower cost. And it’s not just Campbell people, they bring in ACC talent and whatnot to have sessions with the kids. Michael Jordan went to the camp as a kid. Good enough for MJ, good enough for my kid, I drove him to the middle of nowhere to attend the camp several times (although the UNC camp was right next door. But I did drive him 1000 miles once to go to Nolan Richardson’s camp, just for the experience for him and a vacation for me. Which I certainly could not have at Buies Creek).

When my son was going there we heard rumors that Campbell was planning to start fielding a football team. I could hardly believe it. It seemed ludicrous with their small enrollment and remote location. But if they can recruit 4 stars they must have a heck of an NIL program :smile:.

1 Like

LOL! Only we of the older generation will realize how funny that is.

For the younger generation:

2 Likes

Thanks Harley, now that commercial will be stuck in my head for another 50 years and I’ll be whistling that little ditty for days!

1 Like

It was a good one. And to quote another old commercial line, “I’ve tried everything, but I prefer a Camel”. Or “Campbell’s, mmm, mmm, good”.

2 Likes

Updated Camel slogan: I’d walk a mile for a Camel. If weren’t for this damn emphysema and heart disease!

2 Likes