Ron Huery has passed away

According to Arlyn Bowers’ Facebook page.

Enough said!!

Damn. I loved Ron. One of the nicest guys you could ever meet. I still have a pair of his Team USA shorts that he gave me. They mean even more to me now. He was Coach Richardson’s first McDonald’s All-American…opened the Memphis pipeline. RIP, buddy.

4 Likes

Aloha,
Incredibly sad news. Ron was a great team player. If I remember correctly, he was hampered with injuries late in his career. Anxious to read Nolan’s comments and background story.
UA…Campus of Champions

4 Likes

No one attacked the baseline like Ron.

6 Likes

Lost art, PJ.

1 Like

Wow, way too young… prayers for all of his family and those close to him. One hell of a baller.

3 Likes

Wow such sad news. Ron was a baller and unselfish always did what was best for the team.
RIP Mr Huery

3 Likes

So awful. Great Razorback. RIP Ron.

2 Likes

BTW how old was Ron??

Wow I hate to hear that! He was always so smooth and under control… will be praying for his family

1 Like

Low 50s? Seems right.

He was 55, I do believe…

Huery was 55. I spoke to Nolan and Matt Zimmerman about him today.

1 Like

I have never heard of anyone who did not like Ron. He made you feel comfortable around him. You pulled for him. Just a good dude.

He was a great open court player and could get to the rim and finish.

The way he could glide along the baseline and finish was amazing. He could destroy a zone with that ability.

4 Likes

so sad. was the first real highly rated recruit under nolan. was a joy to watch and way too young. prayers for his family.

1 Like

Loved watching him play and had a class together. Nice guy and great talent that clearly paved the way for program success

1 Like

Huery was a great Razorback; he was huge for helping get Coach Richardson’s Arkansas program to a very high level. We got many great players out of Memphis due to his influence. Terrible news, and at such a young age. Prayers for family and his many friends.

1 Like

He was a pleasure to watch. Seems like yesterday when we saw his first game on the Hill.