Robert Moore has won the Gold Glove

He is the first Razorback to win a Gold Glove Award.

12 Likes

he is one of my favorite players…very deserving. our defense is major league in quality.

3 Likes

Fantastic, he is certainly deserving.

3 Likes

Yes he is!

3 Likes

The Cat is pure vacuum at second…

3 Likes

I sure think Battles should have got one too. That unassisted DP last night was pure magic.

7 Likes

So well deserved. Good to see his bat come alive. What a great player and fine young man.

3 Likes

Congratulations, Robert. You are, indeed, deserving!

3 Likes

Battles is great, but he made eight errors this year that dropped his fielding percentage to .969. I’ve always thought Gold Gloves go to players who strike a balance between being highly reliable with the capability of making spectacular plays.

1 Like

What was Bob’s fielding percentage, Matt?

1 Like

He is fielding .992.

3 Likes

Sorry, just saw it in the article.

1 Like

so, why is it he is in the lineup exactly? asking for hog2009

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thrilled Moore has earned this recognition. Thanks for being a Razorback.

2 Likes

Great point Matt. Robert is one of very few players in college or MLB that has the ability to always handle the routine plays, make difficult plays look routine, and also make the spectacular plays. It takes absolute total focus on every defensive play, in addition to a great skill set, in order to accomplish that.

Both Battles and Wallace are capable of making spectacular plays, but will also lose focus on a few routine to difficult plays during the season.

1 Like

Happy for Big Glove Bob! Hard to believe that he is our first. Has Spurrier ever had a vote on this award?

5 Likes

I see what you did there. :joy::joy:

1 Like

He makes a lot of plays look very easy that we’re probably going to see in the future with our second baseman that are not easy at all. We are very spoiled having such an incredible second baseman that can make all the plays that’s why the pros are high on him. I will hate to see him leave.

3 Likes

Well deserved! Man, he has been so fun to watch play 2nd!

I have an old Kenmore Vacuum that’s my favorite one ever. It still works great and picks up everything in sight.

I started calling it a Bobmoore!

3 Likes