RIP Vin Scully

Loved listening to this man’s stories. Lots of good stuff on youtube. What a life.

If you have the time, here is the best play-by-play inning of baseball you will ever hear in your life:

3 Likes

I have always thought he was the best play by play guy I ever listened to.

4 Likes

He was the best with a tremendous voice, too. Smooth as silk. RIP, Mr. Scully.

2 Likes

This tribute from MLB network is wonderful.

2 Likes

What an intellectual capacity for selection of descriptive language that he presented with such ease of unnoticeable effort. As with other great radio broadcasters he transported you to the event. Without doubt legendary. RIP.

2 Likes

He’s the best in my opinion! Just an incredible way of describing things and a perfect voice in which to do it with.

2 Likes

I love this description: “But in the big moments, Scully trusted his own words. This was no Neil Armstrong delivering a well-honed line as he stepped into a new world; this was pure improvisation, a jazz man working the changes in the pocket.”

2 Likes

No one painted the picture better. No one.

2 Likes

WAY back in 1991, I went to a game in Dodger Stadium with a grad school buddy of mine. We sat in the outfield for an afternoon game in the heat of the summer. There were no other people near us for about 50 ft in every direction except for this one dude with his boom box. He had the game on and the 3 of us sat there, drinking some beers, in Dodger Stadium, and listened to Vin Scully call the game. It was a great moment. One that I’ll never forget. RIP Vin Scully. One of the greatest ever.

2 Likes

Probably the GOAT.
RIP Vin.