? Richard

Do you have any comment on scheduled meeting between KB and member of the Arkansas coaching staff on Monday, Dec. 3?

I had heard things that would make you think his interest level had diminished after the MSU and Mizzou games.

I kept referring to what he was telling people during his visit for the Tulsa game as the reason I thought he was coming at the time. After the the visit, I started to lose confidence after talking to different people. So to your question, I’m not surprised.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

I had heard things that would make you think his interest level had diminished after the MSU and Mizzou games.

I kept referring to what he was telling people during his visit for the Tulsa game as the reason I thought he was coming at the time. After the the visit, I started to lose confidence after talking to different people. So to your question, I’m not surprised.

[/quote]I missing something and may not be the only one. What happened at the meeting?

I had also heard things.

I read on twitter (FWIW) that it did not go well. He was very disrespectful to our coaches while they were there.

Again, this is from someone I do not know at all on twitter, so take it with a grain of salt.

I heard there was a schedule meeting with KB. KB was a no show.

So maybe this wasn’t such a big miss after all…

Yeah, he didn’t show up for an in-home we were doing on Monday, need to send his azz a bill if we flew the Lear45 out there for it.

They were to meet at a designated location and KB didn’t show.

It’s hard to judge a person in five minutes, but when I talked to him after his visit, I was expecting more.

Usually when you talk to a QB that’s been on campus for three-four years you see leadership tendencies. I didn’t see that with him. Easy to say now because of what happened on Monday, but I wasn’t overly impressed after talking to him.

So maybe, in this instance, his leaving Clemson in the middle of the season says more about character than we wanted to say while we thought there was a chance he might come?!?!?!

Not sure, but what happened Monday doesn’t reflect well.

I can’t really fault him for having second thoughts after watching our last 2 games this year. However, there is no excuse for the no-show. A person of integrity would have manned up, gone to the meeting, and told them exactly why he had decided to go to MO. He should have listened to their last pitch, thanked them, but politely say he was sorry, but he made up his mind.

At some point in his career, he’s going to regret how he handled that situation and wish he had a do over.

What he should have done was told them not to make the trip that he was going to Missouri. By letting them make the trip he burned a bridge with a coach he said he trusted. Just another example of the me mentality of this generation.
Play the freshmen and let them learn. Noland and KJ will take some lumps especially if our Oline doesn’t improve.

If the comments in this thread are true…any chance CCM pulled the offer and/or why would KB say near the end that all five schools were still equally in play?

Kids love Twitter mentions
Kids love drama

[quote=“JacksonReid”]

Kids love Twitter mentions
Kids love drama

[/quote]Yes. And I wonder if him and Nance weren’t cooking this in-your-face-Arkansas moment. Obviously, Nance was. Not showing up seems that KB might have been in on it as well. That may be a reach, but those character issues will surface again if Missouri doesn’t have the season they hope to have next fall.

Nothing against his talent and he has every right to chose where he wanted to finish his career, but it seems that Bryant was all about Bryant, which is understandable on certain levels, but disappointing on others. In team sports, especially in a leadership position like a Quarterback, one would think the all about me mindset could make it harder to be the leader the team needs.

I know this is idealistic and likely naive, but my old school thinking allows me to view this decision as less harmful than many see it. Say what you will about Ty, but I bet he will be respected if he retains his position. I know we need more talent at Quarterback, but intangibles are important too.

Seems most replies are mad KB chose someone else and are now anxious to trash him. If he’d have picked us … and no showed for a meeting with say Missouri, would anyone here have said a word about a classless move? I don’t think so…

Not showing up for a meeting (if true) is a classless move… but the reason most are mad is h decided to play for someone else… giveen how we looked this year… and how we’ll likely look next year, can you really blame him?

I am sure there are those who mad, but not sure I characterize the posts in this thread as trashing. Seems most were making observations, many worthy of consideration. I am sure Kelly appreciates your understanding, but whether this board would overlook the alleged behavior if Arkansas were the choice, does not change what did or did not occur. Also,one teams better prospects, while good reason for decisions made, iis not an eraser IF he behaved badly.

[quote=“Eli82”]

Seems most replies are mad KB chose someone else and are now anxious to trash him. If he’d have picked us … and no showed for a meeting with say Missouri, would anyone here have said a word about a classless move? I don’t think so…

Not showing up for a meeting (if true) is a classless move… but the reason most are mad is h decided to play for someone else… giveen how we looked this year… and how we’ll likely look next year, can you really blame him?

[/quote]You’re right; if he had chosen Arkansas, you wouldn’t be reading much of this. However, I raised this question before his decision and before I knew he was a no-show for this meeting. Therefore, this isn’t sour grapes on my part. It was a question of did he quit on his team mid-season and is that a reflection of a poor character trait? If it is, and it seems now with the knowledge of his no-show, that maybe he’s not the quarterback we needed. We had enough me-first players last year; we don’t need them now, especially at such an important leadership position. But, yes, if he had chosen Arkansas and dissed Missouri, few would be commenting about how classless that was.

I dont understand the below post from Richard if Bryant did not show. What am I missing here?

Re: Kelly Bryant in-home
Postby Richard Davenport » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 pm

The visit just wrapped up. It lasted around 5 hours.

Heard it went very well. He’ll visit Auburn this weekend and announce the 4th.