Richard let’s visit a little bit…

So now that the dust has settled on Early signing day let’s reassess…

So we signed 23 today , we have one still committed and visiting in Jan, and we had one more enter the portal … so I think that would leave 13 spots left to fill…

My first question is did those Twin Ath/LBer from Florida sign with anyone today ? If not could you see them as options for the second signing day? If so could you see any additional HS recruits as options , or would the Twins and Easter be the only HS recruits left?

Which brings us to transfers? I think the numbers we need are below…

TE-1… the kid from UNT would be a dang good one
WR- 2…. Need to find two studs that are ready to roll!
OL-1…. Coach P says he’d like a guard/center combo, but man I think we might need an OT???
DT-2….Coach said he thinks we need one…but I think we need two!
LB-1…. I think coach Williams will find us a stud here!
Safety/Nickel.,… 3…. We need to hit it out the park here!

Thoughts ? Names? Opinions??

I don’t think they signed. Not 100 though. Still working on some stuff so I really haven’t checked.

I think they’ll see what’s out there after Friday and make that decision.

I could be totally wrong but I think they go after LBs in the portal over HS kids because they have three signed.

TE-1… the kid from UNT would be a dang good one
WR- 2…. Need to find two studs that are ready to roll!
OL-1…. Coach P says he’d like a guard/center combo, but man I think we might need an OT???
DT-2….Coach said he thinks we need one…but I think we need two!
LB-1…. I think coach Williams will find us a stud here!
Safety/Nickel.,… 3…. We need to hit it out the park here!

Thoughts ? Names? Opinions??

I think that’s a good breakdown in the numbers. As far as names, not really. I think in the coming days I’ll start checking.

I think we need 2 really good DT for sure,. agree on OT,I am not impressed with the ones we have returning.

1 Like

Maybe I missed the thread covering this but what did Cat do??

Both OTs are leaving … I think Crawford is a guard… so yeah …

Catalon entered the transfer portal hadn’t heard where he went

1 Like

Thought it was said he was thinking of putting his name in the hat??

I will say I’m optimistic about what Kennedy has going in the portal. We’ll see how it pans out.

1 Like

You think in the end, we could add two more OLs from the portal? That would be a total of 3 transfer OLs….

With Luke not coming back, and Henderson and St John jumping in over the last few days, just from a numbers standpoint we need 3… Im not sure on Wells health … don’t we want to keep 15-16 OLs?

Yeah 15 would be ideal.

Here’s what I know. Margaret Whittemore Singleton is the sexiest woman on the planet.

3 Likes

She is indeed a cutie

1 Like

She in the portal Pav?

NIL offers still pouring in for her

1 Like

All depends on quality. Can you get 2-3 guys you think are starters? I think Arkansas and other schools guy thinking we need this many guys at this position but that number can change if a guy you really. really like is available.

I’ve seen how the numbers change along the way so many times.

Anything on the Harris twins? Did they sign yesterday? Would this be something to watch at all?

Don’t believe so. I’ve posted this elsewhere but I’m not sure they’ll add another HS LB to the class. Obviously that’s up to Travis Williams but five HS linebackers in a class seems a bit high. Sam said they’re looking at one or two more HS kids for the class and we know Shamar Easter is a big time want.

I think they go the portal route for additional LBs but I guess you can’t totally rule out the twins.

Here is my thinking on it… when we are matching up against a spread team, we need athletes to put in the box… now they still have to be physical and play the run … but I’m not so sure I’d look at it as 5 LBers … and look at more like, 3 LBers , 2 of which (Spence and Dean that could play some rush end, and 2 hybrid LBer/DB that can drop and play in space… those twins while light , are athletes man… but let’s wait and see what happens…

1 Like

To update, portal specific,

This has come together really nice before Christmas, considering everything,

QB- we got our guy and welcome home young man!
WR- Still need one maybe two…
TE- Need one…. I’d love the kid for UNT
OL- need one more OT and maybe one C/G maybe…
DE- we got our guy
DT- think we need two here
LBer- We got our guy here yesterday… Merry Christmas
DB - need two maybe three …need some versatile guys, with some dog in them …DBs that can play Safety/Corner/ Nickel…. Gonna be hard to get them, I don’t care about finding them, I’m talking about getting them! But if we do, BOOM…

Merry Christmas everyone, let’s beat Kansas!

1 Like

You can include special teams with second punter and snapper positions. Realize not full sholies but necessary to field a team.