Richard & Dudley - Is there a defensive coordinator..................

…“who must not be named” who is directing or approving the scholarship offers and non-offers for the Razorbacks? Of course, Chad Morris has the final say, but there are a lot of defensive players being offered, defensive players being flipped, and at least one 4-star former Hog commit cornerback who appears to have been shown the door. Maybe Coach Morris and his recruiting coordinator feel they just have to make the best call they can with such short time available and trust the DC to handle it when he is hired. But, it seems like someone is involved who has not been revealed…yet. Sounds like Venables to me! :D

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…“who must not be named” who is directing or approving the scholarship offers and non-offers for the Razorbacks? Of course, Chad Morris has the final say, but there are a lot of defensive players being offered, defensive players being flipped, and at least one 4-star former Hog commit cornerback who appears to have been shown the door. Maybe Coach Morris and his recruiting coordinator feel they just have to make the best call they can with such short time available and trust the DC to handle it when he is hired. But, it seems like someone is involved who has not been revealed…yet. Sounds like Venables to me! :D[/quote:189sx8j4]

Follow-up Question

Have they reached out to Gooden?

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…“who must not be named” who is directing or approving the scholarship offers and non-offers for the Razorbacks? Of course, Chad Morris has the final say, but there are a lot of defensive players being offered, defensive players being flipped, and at least one 4-star former Hog commit cornerback who appears to have been shown the door. Maybe Coach Morris and his recruiting coordinator feel they just have to make the best call they can with such short time available and trust the DC to handle it when he is hired. But, it seems like someone is involved who has not been revealed…yet. Sounds like Venables to me! :D[/quote:3bqcy7yu]

Highly doubt that. Can’t imagine running anything by a DC that’s not officially signed.

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…“who must not be named” who is directing or approving the scholarship offers and non-offers for the Razorbacks? Of course, Chad Morris has the final say, but there are a lot of defensive players being offered, defensive players being flipped, and at least one 4-star former Hog commit cornerback who appears to have been shown the door. Maybe Coach Morris and his recruiting coordinator feel they just have to make the best call they can with such short time available and trust the DC to handle it when he is hired. But, it seems like someone is involved who has not been revealed…yet. Sounds like Venables to me! :D[/quote:3r0ujebl]

If they do, I don’t know about it and the recruits have not said anything about it.

The ones on staff that I know of that are recruiting or handling admin duties for Arkansas right now are Coach Morris, OC Joe Craddock, WR Justin Stepp, OL Coach Dustin Fry, Recruiting Coordinator Mark Smith, Director of Football Operations Randy Ross, Director of Recruiting Operations Julie Stepp and holdovers Barry Lunney, Jr. and Bobby Allen, who has gone to some local schools.

I suspect Jeff Traylor - the interim head coach at SMU - will be on the staff at Arkansas after the Mustangs’ Frisco Bowl game on Dec. 20 and he may have some input know.

My guess is that Morris and Smith - the recruiting coordinator - are handling the defensive offers. With the exception of Bishops, they were recruiting the kids offered, but could not get them at SMU. But now with a Power 5 and SEC platform, they have a better shot.

I would never say never, but I can’t imagine why Venables would leave what he has at Clemson to come to Arkansas for a rebuild unless it was as a head coach.

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…“who must not be named” who is directing or approving the scholarship offers and non-offers for the Razorbacks? Of course, Chad Morris has the final say, but there are a lot of defensive players being offered, defensive players being flipped, and[b:2z931n94][i:2z931n94] at least one 4-star former Hog commit cornerback who appears to have been shown the door[/i:2z931n94][/b:2z931n94]. Maybe Coach Morris and his recruiting coordinator feel they just have to make the best call they can with such short time available and trust the DC to handle it when he is hired. But, it seems like someone is involved who has not been revealed…yet. Sounds like Venables to me! :D[/quote:2z931n94]

Who might this be?

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…“who must not be named” who is directing or approving the scholarship offers and non-offers for the Razorbacks? Of course, Chad Morris has the final say, but there are a lot of defensive players being offered, defensive players being flipped, and[b:2bwr3lh2][i:2bwr3lh2] at least one 4-star former Hog commit cornerback who appears to have been shown the door[/i:2bwr3lh2][/b:2bwr3lh2]. Maybe Coach Morris and his recruiting coordinator feel they just have to make the best call they can with such short time available and trust the DC to handle it when he is hired. But, it seems like someone is involved who has not been revealed…yet. Sounds like Venables to me! :D[/quote:2bwr3lh2]

Who might this be?

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…“who must not be named” who is directing or approving the scholarship offers and non-offers for the Razorbacks? Of course, Chad Morris has the final say, but there are a lot of defensive players being offered, defensive players being flipped, and [b:xhnn85wd]at least one 4-star former Hog commit cornerback who appears to have been shown the door[/b:xhnn85wd]. Maybe Coach Morris and his recruiting coordinator feel they just have to make the best call they can with such short time available and trust the DC to handle it when he is hired. But, it seems like someone is involved who has not been revealed…yet. Sounds like Venables to me! :D[/quote:xhnn85wd]

Who might this be?

As I posted yesterday in my Gooden update, he has not been called by the new staff as of yet, but John Scott called Emmit and told him they will be getting in touch soon.

Byron Haspard - who de-committed when Coach B was fired - had not been contacted about Arkansas as of Sunday and has tweeted that out.

Th new staff is now following him on Twitter.