Richard and Matt , and Clay or Dudley if around. Ast football coaches

Are we waiting on the secondary coach? Have you heard any real serious names?

If we add a HS coach surly it will not be to coach the secondary???

Thanks

I have not heard anything about a secondary coach, but I’m unsure whether that is the reason for the wait in announcing other staff members. I also would not be surprised if next year there is a second coach in the secondary; one for corners and one for safeties. Remember teams can hire a 10th assistant beginning next week and Morris has said he would like to have five on offense and five on defense.

As of now, this is how I think the staff will look next year. Nothing is definite until the contracts are signed.

Joe Craddock - OC
Justin Stepp - WR
Jeff Traylor - RB
Dustin Fry - OL
Barry Lunney - TE
John Chavis - DC
Steve Caldwell - DL (perhaps specialized as an ends coach)

There also is trustworthy chatter that John Scott Jr. is a candidate for a job on the defensive side, possibly coaching interior linemen.

any truth to the rumor that we have made an offer to Trooper Taylor to join Arkansas to coach the corners? Was told this tonight by a friend that has some coaching connections.

I was told that we made overtures to Trooper, and he was not interested. He thinks he may have a better career path at State.

With his reputation, rightly or wrongly, that might be best for all involved.

HC - Chad Morris
Assoc HC & RB - Jeff Traylor
Offensive Coordinator & QB - Joe Craddock
WR - Justin Stepp
OL - Dustin Fry
TE - Barry Lunney Jr.
Defensive Coordinator - John Chavis
DL - Steve Caldwell
ST & DE - John Scott Jr?
LB - Tim Skipper?
DB - Ron Cooper?

Strength and Conditioning Coach - ???

Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Analyst - Mark Smith
Assitant Director of Recruiting - Cody Vincent (graphics)
Director of Recruiting Operations - Brooke Stepp
Director of Football Operations - Randy Ross
High school and NFL relations - Bobby Allen
Offensive Quality Control - Julian Griffin
Special Teams Quality Control - Tanner Burns
Analysts:
Jordan Traylor - Offensive
GJ Kinne - Offensive Analyst QBs
Will Bryant - Offensive

From Hogville.net

Strength and conditioning-Trumain Carroll

FootballScoop reporting Chavis is brining Ron Cooper with him. What does everyone know about Coach Cooper?

Ron Cooper is a coaching veteran that was at Mississippi St. last year I think. has been a head coach before at Louisville. Lots of contacts in the south. If he and tim skipper who was a florida are coming then this defensive staff will be a veteran staff that knows a ton of football.

Cooper also was an interim HC at Florida International during the 2016 season, with a 4-4 record during that time. Replaced by Butch Davis.

Wanna guess who replaced Cooper at Louisville? That’s right. JLS.

I thought we were going to see some announcements this weekend and were being led to believe that.

It does look like it is going to be a very, very good staff.

Recruits on official visits in the next several weeks

I am very excited about the staff Chavis is bringing. Jeez there are good coaches but they have the potential to be EXCELLENT recruiters. I can’t think of too many times we have had this level of recruiters. I think the Holtz years had some serious recruiters.