Returning Players

Anybody compile a list of players coming back from last year’s roster and a list of those not coming back and why?

I can’t give a detailed list of either. However, I believe we are going to have a decent team in the field and at the plate next year. The key will be pitching. In the field, it appears that Kjerstad moves to right field. He has the arm for it. The Razorbacks have picked up a junior college outfielder named Matt Goodheart from San Jacinto JC who looks very promising and may be next year’s left fielder. We all know who is going to play center. Martin apparently will battle for shortstop. He has the arm for it but he may be better a second baseman. The Ezell kid who transferred from Missouri State may be the perfect solution at third. Jordan McFarland will have a shot at first base. He evidently showed well in the summer leagues. Hunter Wilson may get a shot at first or some other infield position. I can’t help rooting for Wilson and I believe his bat has a chance to help us. I hope Kinley finally shines for us. I have not been completely impressed with him but will hope for the best.

As for the pitching, we have some decent arms left, just hope they step up. DVH has indicated that in his top 10 recruiting class for 2019 he has recruited 12 pitchers. He thinks some of them have a chance to contribute. Conner McCullough is a very interesting prospect and so is Conner Noland.

I’m always hopeful. I will attend some of the fall practices as I always do. I hope they pull off that rumored fall exhibition game against Oklahoma.

I expect Kevin Kopps to be one of the starting pitchers. I expect Isaiah Campbell, Kole Ramage and Matt Cronin to get a lot of innings, too. I think you will see a jump from Zeb Vermillion.

Expected Back:
Jacob Nesbit
Hunter Wilson
Jack Kenley
Casey Opitz
Jordan McFarland
Casey Martin
Heston Kjerstad
Brady Disher
Dominic Fletcher
Kole Ramage
Angus Denton
Caleb Bolden
Matt Cronin
Jacob Kostyshock
Kevin Kopps
Zack Plunkett
Isaiah Campbell
Cody Scroggins
Zebulon Vermillion

Drafted and Signed:
Eric Cole
Jax Biggers
Blaine Knight
Carson Shaddy
Kacey Murphy
Evan Lee
Grant Koch
Jake Reindl
Barrett Loseke

Exhausted Eligibility:
Luke Bonfield
Jared Gates

Transferring or Expected to Transfer:
Bryce Bonnin
Easton Murrell
Cole Turney
Ben McClain
Hunter Milligan
Derek Ripp
Jackson Rutledge

Giving Up Baseball:
Keaton McKinney
Weston Rogers

THANKS. HOW MANY NEWCOMERS DO YOU EXPECT THIS FALL?

I think there will be around 20 newcomers that go through fall practice, give or take a few.