redshirt rules

I am still confused by the new redshirt rules:

If a player graduates and transfers they can play immediately if they have eligibility?

If a player announced transferring playing four games or less, he is eligible to play the next year?

It seems like you can play in 2019 in both instances unless I am missing something.

If you have graduated, you can play immediately next season.

If you have not graduated, you have to have a year in residency before you can play.

For example, if a freshman, sophomore of junior transfers in Dec. 2018, he or she would not be eligible to take the field until the 2020 season.

Thanks but if they redshirt this year because they have not played in more than four games do they still have to wait until 2020 or are they eligible in 2019. Is the new rule to just save them a year of eligibility but they are still sitting out?

Yes to the question highlighted above - they must still sit out a year (and burn a year of eligibility while they’re doing it).

Again, UNLESS they are a GRADUATE transfer; then they can play immediately and retain all of their remaining eligibility.

The graduate transfer is not a new rule and has been around several years now. Hope that helps you with confusion.

K Fisher enrolled in Jan 2015. If Fisher redshirts this year (2018) and transfer to a junior college and graduates in the Spring 2019. Fisher can transfer to a D1 school in Fall of 2019 with immediate eligibility. Fisher would have three years to play three.
http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentl … llees.html

Two years left I believe.

K Fisher? You mean Kelly Bryant? He remains in school at Clemson, is on track to graduate in December and transfer in January.

Kyrei Fisher enrolled in Jan 2017. If Fisher redshirts this year (2018) and transfer to a junior college and graduates in the Spring 2019. Fisher can transfer to a D1 school in Fall of 2019 with immediate eligibility. Fisher would have three years to play three.
http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentl … llees.html

My screw up. I edited my original post.