Red White game Final Box Red 64 White 59

1 Like

WHITE BREAKDOWN

1 Like

RED BREAKDOWN

1 Like

64-59 how long was the game?

4 8 minute quarters.

Nick and AB in the same backcourt are gonna be a nightmare for the opposition.

2 Likes

Are we at all concerned about lack of three-point shooting? I think that is very important at different junctures in the season. I know Nick Smith can fill it. But can anybody else on a consistent basis?

2 Likes

Yes I’m concerned but I believe Muss has come to grips with it that this team is just not going to shoot the 3 well he said there is too much footage on tape for it to change any…

I think this team will live or die on how great it is on defense because that will trigger our transition game to where we can unleash all this athleticism on people

I think we are going to see a lot of zone defense to where they’re just going to pack it in around the goal and dare us to shoot the 3. I know Nick Smith can shoot them out of it but nobody else that’s going to get any playing time it’s probably capable of doing it.

1 Like

We are gonna be monsters on D. I’m really not worried about the 3 ball so much, because we’ve got the horses to run a bunch of teams off the court. AB actually blocked 2 of Nick’s shots. The 2 of them together…get the corn poppin’!

I’m not concerned, I think we will be okay. I do think is a huge component. I think the 3 will be fine.

1 Like

You might OD on dunks this year, Gas.:crazy_face:

As it should be.

2 Likes

Lack of perimeter shooting is going to be a major problem this season and will fuel some of the fan freak-outs after losses. Muss seems to put it very low on the priority list in recruiting.

Pinion looks very slow-footed but as desperate as we are going to be for perimeter shooting, I still wonder if we won’t be forced to get him out there. (Hopefully he can do better than Jax at filling it up when his number is called…)

1 Like

Were you there today? The 3 point shooting will be fine. It just won’t be our major strength…nor does it have to be with this squad. Oh ye of little faith. I promise you, Muss LOVES this team.

1 Like

I think our 3 shooting could be a strength as the season goes on. When it does this team is lethal.

1 Like

No, I wasn’t there. I’m basing my opinion on the practice clips that were available this summer and all of the games in Europe… and shooting mechanics, which look pretty rough overall… and the way the balls are getting to the goal.

Maybe you are seeing something I’m not. When you say our 3-point shooting will be “fine”, you mean we will be middle of the pack in NCAA 3-point percentage, or we will still be a bad 3-point shooting team but will win anyway?

I think we will be an adequate 3 point team, but that won’t be what we live and die by. We are BIG and super athletic with terrific guards. I’m just saying don’t sweat the 3 ball. I saw some pretty strokes today…Brazile is gonna make a lot of money.

Yeah, I think we have a few guys who can hit an occasional 3 (along with Smith who will be the most serviceable from outside). But I’m foreseeing games where we get zoned up and are screwed trying to score… and we are definitely sweating our lack of perimeter shooting. GOTTA have shooters to win at the level fans are expecting this year and I just don’t think we have it.

I think you will pleasantly surprised. We will probably see a lot of zone, simply because it would be suicide to try to man us, but I am not one bit worried about our ability to make timely 3’s. We’ve got several guys who have beautiful pump fakes and are pretty damn good with their feet set.

Hope you are right but when we lose this year I definitely think horrible 3-point shooting will be a big part of it and is generally going to hold this team back….

We shall see. I’m definitely pulling for your expectations over mine!

1 Like