Real heroes

I want to brag on Scottie and Mallory Bordelon. They recently completed the adoption process for four young boys who came into their home as foster children. The Springdale School District wrote a nice story recently about it.

27 Likes

Awesome! What a wonderful couple to step up for these children. Way to go @ScottieBordelon

7 Likes

Words like “heroes” and patriotism” are often reserved for veterans and it is well deserved. But social workers, foster parents and teachers/doctors/nurses willing to work in low income, difficult areas also represent heroic and patriotic values that we should recognize with regularity often only reserved for the military.

Kudos to @ScottieBordelon and his wife.

13 Likes

I have read a lot of good stories on this board, but this is the best, by a long shot. Wishing this special family much happiness.

6 Likes

A new and wonderful family made possible by the truly generous and caring Mallory and Scottie Bordelon. May you receive many blessings as you and the boys continue to grow as a family.

4 Likes

That’s Awesome Scottie! Definitely a hero in my book because that’s quite an undertaking for a young family to take on…I pray that God will lead and guide you through this process and be with you every step of the way through this journey

5 Likes

Congrats Scottie. Who are the corners and who are the safeties? :grinning:

7 Likes

Real American Heroes!!

Mallory and Scottie are a Five Star couple choosing to be parents and share their life and home with these young boys. I was particularly impressed by Mallory’s insight into the importance and the underlying reason for unification as a part of her and Scottie’s commitment to these children. Congratulations to the growing Bordelon Family!!!

3 Likes

God bless this family!

2 Likes

Good stuff right there! Blessings to ya.

2 Likes

Thank y’all for the kind words. The last 15 1/2 months have been a whirlwind. We’ve got good-hearted boys who’ve been through much more than I can imagine. If you drive down Thompson in Springdale, you’ll see motels they’ve probably stayed in at one time or another. They’re able to find joy in the smallest things, and I really admire and love that about them.

Our oldest two are going to AT&T Stadium for the game this weekend. Can’t wait to see their reactions when we get there.

16 Likes

Twelve years ago I lived near Hunt Park in Springdale and there were often Marshallese families enjoying the park on a sunny weekend. Good on you and Mallory for taking in those kids, Scottie.

2 Likes

Agreed, AND good for you that you are encouraging their continued use of the Marshallese language and thus their history.

4 Likes

Scottie does it right all the time. Makes me proud to say I know him. His work is exemplary but being a dad and a husband is where he really shines!

6 Likes

Aloha,
Incredibly moving. Our hero definitely needs and deserves a raise!
UA…Campus of Champions

Send it to him, Guy!

The world is in great need of exceptional people like these. Praise God, and I will be praying that he continues to bless the family and remain to aid in overcoming all of life’s challenges.