RD or DD, About Austin Aune...

Do the Razorbacks have a shot at him and who is the major competition in getting him?

I’m trying to get in touch. I do know he and his father were very impressed with how much football means to the state and fans. That’s big to him and his father.

Thanks, RD. His high school film and his maturity makes me think he’d be quite a catch.

Austin was going to play both baseball and football for TCU before being drafted in the second round of the 2012 MLB draft by the New York Yankees.

He was also offered by Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and was already at TCU when the draft happened.

Obviously baseball would take care of his college so you don’t have to worry about a scholarship.

He passed for over 7,000 yards and 74 touchdowns with 23 interceptions in his career at Argyle.

I believe he is 23 years old.

Just talked to his coach Todd Rodgers at Argyle and he said Austin is in the process at looking at schools. He hasn’t spoken to Austin or his father since their visit to the Hill. He’s going to give my number to Austin. Hopefully he calls.

Last time I talked to Rodgers was during Cole Hedlund’s recruitment.