RD, DD, question on new staffs & old recruits

When there is a new staff of coaches, do they tell existing committed athletes up front that they are not honoring the scholarship offer? I ask because there seem to be some who were contacted immediately and some who have not heard from the new staff at all. Some were thought to be pretty big time recruits.

It doesn’t seem right to leave people hanging and have no communication one way or the other.

It has been different in the 36 years that I have been on the beat.

Some call right away, some wait until they look over the roster and others have not called certain players.

To my knowledge they have not called Jeremy Gibson or Emmit Gooden, who has been told he will be receiving a call.

I will say that it appears there are no defensive coaches on campus so far.

Byron Hanspard and Arkansas are both moving on

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

Some call right away, some wait until they look over the roster and others have not called certain players.

To my knowledge they have not called Jeremy Gibson or Emmit Gooden, who has been told he will be receiving a call.

[b:20afmwu5]Byron Hanspard and Arkansas are both moving on[/b:20afmwu5][/quote:20afmwu5]
Why do they not think 4* Hanspard is worthy of signing? The former staff was high on him, and I know most on the board that commented on him were high on him. The star system doesn’t always matter, but I find this decision to be curious.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

[b:pus5mmzk]Byron Hanspard and Arkansas are both moving on[/b:pus5mmzk][/quote:pus5mmzk]
Why do they not think 4* Hanspard is worthy of signing? The former staff was high on him, and I know most on the board that commented on him were high on him. The star system doesn’t always matter, but I find this decision to be curious.[/quote:pus5mmzk]

Pure Speculation on my part, but neither SMU nor aTm offered him (rumor has it our offensive and defensive staffs will be from those two schools). So, I’d assume there is something there they didn’t like. With all his offers, you’d assume the instate schools would have offered

[quote=“bakedhog19741”]

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

[b:2x4rc9gx]Byron Hanspard and Arkansas are both moving on[/b:2x4rc9gx][/quote:2x4rc9gx]
Why do they not think 4* Hanspard is worthy of signing? The former staff was high on him, and I know most on the board that commented on him were high on him. The star system doesn’t always matter, but I find this decision to be curious.[/quote:2x4rc9gx]

Pure Speculation on my part, but neither SMU nor aTm offered him (rumor has it our offensive and defensive staffs will be from those two schools). So, I’d assume there is something there they didn’t like. With all his offers, you’d assume the instate schools would have offered[/quote:2x4rc9gx]
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure they have good reason, but we know how good his father was. That doesn’t always translate to the recruit. Just wondering…

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

[b:3sslryif]Byron Hanspard and Arkansas are both moving on[/b:3sslryif][/quote:3sslryif]
Why do they not think 4* Hanspard is worthy of signing? The former staff was high on him, and I know most on the board that commented on him were high on him. The star system doesn’t always matter, but I find this decision to be curious.[/quote:3sslryif]

They haven’t been around here long enough for me to know of their mindset.

For a guy as highly rated as Hanspard he doesn’t have the most impressive offer list.

Has a couple SEC offers but no A&M, Bama, LSU or others you’d expect to go after him.

Also interesting, ESPN has him very highly rated wile 247 has him around 700 in the country, big difference, that some are seeing something in him that there aren’t.

As far as the other staff, I don’t value their evaluations all that much. The new staff will show us in time their evaluations.

His twitter would indicate that he might have chosen a school and will announce it later tonight

Baylor, probably.

I wish the young man well, but I’m hoping the decision by the new staff works out equally well. They have their reasons and I support them.