RB commit Chase Hayden is his school's all time

leading scorer in basketball after having 29 points tonight for Collierville (Tenn.) St. George’s Independent School.

Richard, was Chase recruited/offered by Tennessee? Thanks as always.

Yes, but evidently they liked others better.

He also had 8 assists, 4 steals and 4 rebounds last night.

Elliott Williams, former Duke and Memphis player, held the record with 1646 points. Williams was the No. 22 overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Chase now has 1654 points with much of his senior season left to play.

Any chance of him suiting up for Coach Anderson too?

He and his dad spoke to Scotty but I probably wouldn’t count on it. I guess we’ll see.

Richard,

He’s obviously a very good athlete. That amount of points with much of the year left is hard for anybody to have achieved even if they have been playing against the Sisters of the Poor every game. However, not knowing anything about the league in which he plays, I am wondering if his football and basketball production is based as much on the level of competition as his athletic ability. What do you think?

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

He and his dad spoke to Scotty but I probably wouldn’t count on it. I guess we’ll see.
[/quote]Just wondering how that is looked on now by football or basketball coaches at AR — playing two sports ? Everyone can think of the negatives regarding exposure to injury and lack of commitment to development at a position, but I wonder if it could be used in certain cases as a recruiting tool.

[quote=“dm919”]

It’s so rare for kids to play two sports in college. I think it all depends on how Chase performs on the FB field. If he can contribute on the court, then I think Bielema will allow him to play.