Razorbacks finding different ways to win

Something that has been evident through the long SEC win streak has been Arkansas’ ability to win games different ways. Here is some more on that following a strong comeback today against Tennessee: http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019 … -ways-win/

Matt, your gamer says Opitz’s game winning hit was a double. I promise he never touched second base. He ran about 10 feet behind the bag going nuts…

I wondered about that. The hit was one that probably would’ve been a double had that not been the winning run. It looked like a double. Once the run score, I suppose the game was over and anything after that was not part of the game. Except, of course, a force out nullifies a run, so Opitz had to touch first & the runner on first had to touch second. Had Opitz gone on to touch second, would it have been scored a double or not? Was it scored a double as it was?

Bob Holt had Washington scoring the winning run in his article. He totally missed Washington’s force out at third just prior to Opitz’s hit. Great weekend so who cares?!?!?!

The hit was ruled a double. I don’t agree with it, but I’m not the scorer.

He also ran way out of the base path after touching first, but the walk off was unleashed and Razorbacks were flooding the field by then, so it all works for me.

Yeah, I’m with Matt. Appears to be “homer” scoring.

They should have given him a “Homer” run, it might be a very large hit when it comes to seeding.

I see your point. It’s hard to assume a double even though I think that’s what it would’ve been had it been if the game were still in progress. But that’s just my sense of where he’d have ended up after the hit to the corner. No way to know that.

Yeah, I figured that was the case. It wasn’t, but he gets a free XBH out of the deal.