Razorback Blues....

I attended the game Saturday and enjoyed the atmosphere of opening day for Fall Football in Fayetteville. The weather was nice, the crowd was capacity, excitement was in the air, anticipation for a great game was in everyone’s mind, the band was super, the fly-over was impressive, and it was all good. Then there was the game. At the age of 68, I have watched many of these games. It is in my DNA. I am always hopeful that this will be the year, although through the years, I have grown to learn to look at our team in more realistic terms. However, I still have trouble recovering a bit from a defeat. I guess this early in the season, I read too much and drink too much of the Kool-aide so to speak. Soooooooo…Is our quarterback holding the ball too long?, Are our receivers not able to achieve separation?, Is the offensive line not giving him enough time?, Why after 60,000 people Booed CH for missing the second FG, would coach even have to mention the fact that he was replacing him?, Since we went to the 3-4 defense, it appears to me that TCU took advantage of that fact and ran the ball effectively on us and beat us at our own game., Are the above mentioned issues talent related or due to lack of proper instruction?, Why are the lines so long and slow at the concession stand?, Why did the loud music over the PA system keep rudely drowning out the traditional music of the Razorback Band?, l know that JL must have his hands full as he tries to manage all these issues plus construction and his staff, but with the amount of money that is streaming into that program, one would think…

Like you I am an old and long time Razorback fan who can remember when the atmosphere in the stadium was great and loud. Advertising and honoring people has almost killed the Hog Call, concessions are a joke I liked it much better when all you got inside was a coke, hot dog, peanuts & popcorn, they’re making money with the food court but killing the game experience.
Agree with everything you said

One fine post. I’m 66 and attended my first Fayetteville game in 5 years. I agree with every point you make.