Raymond Hawkins 2019 PF/C

https://twitter.com/lebronstein/status/1108429278247555073

Is it safe to eliminate him off our list? Although we’re in his top 3, we’re the only school in his top 3 he hasn’t visited, plus he’s not scheduled for any visit.

I heard he liked Arizona State a lot, I’m going to predict he’ll go there.

You got it.

I think we need to go older anyways he’s got upside but too young for what we need next season

I have been told that he had promised Arkansas the last visit, but we’ll see.

He is announcing on March 30 to honor his dad, who was murdered on that day when Raymond was 7.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

I have been told that he had promised Arkansas the last visit, but we’ll see.

He is announcing on March 30 to honor his dad, who was murdered on that day when Raymond was 7.

I thought I saw someone post he would be here the same weekend as Stith. Wouldn’t that be when he’s announcing?

Nah, he hasn’t scheduled a visit. McPherson said it’s possible he’ll take a surprise visit sometime during the week next week, but from the vibes he was giving off seems like he believes staff has moved on and targeting older guys, which I agree with that move. If you notice since we offered Stith hasn’t been much said about him since then.

Yeah I like Hawkins but I think we should go older in the post we need men

If that is true, Raymond and the Findlay Prep coaches have not got the memo as of 5 pm yesterday

Or the Arkansas coaches for that matter.

But hey, they all could be lying to me :sunglasses:

DD is he still planning to visit? I assume you asked this yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Yes

So Hawkins and Stith visiting same week?
Who are the AR Coaches highest on or is it a coin toss for now?

I’m starting to hope CMA would keep the recruiting activities under their cap and not tell a soul until they sign players! Just suprise everyone and cut out some of the junk that been going on on social media.

That would be fine by me but that could also stir a whirlwind of negative nellys everywhere until and if they sign the impact players needed.

I don’t think recruiting information comes from the coaches. The source usually is the recruit or guys like RD watching where our coaches go to watch players.

The current Arkansas coaches have always done a good job of keeping their recruiting quiet, but with the advent of social media, the high school and junior college players and coaches get it out quickly when they are visited.

Or we found it out on our own.

Recent interview from Ray

https://twitter.com/_ballercentral/status/1109630592017022976

https://twitter.com/raymondhawkiins/status/1109650152891928576

Doesn’t sound like he knows a whole lot about Arkansas, having not visited here. Arkansas is the only team that is not in the tournament but that is one team he has the opportunity for the most minutes.

I liked that he said he wanted to study Business and that Arkansas is one of the nicest places to live and gets to play in the SEC. We will see if and when he visits.