Rashawn Fredericks to Cincy...

That was indeed soon

Dudley called it.

Who’s next?

I think he was telling everyone what a tough decision this was while he was writing his note on his commitment to Cincy at the same time on the plane ride home. :lol:

Next up I guess.

Looks like Anderson is struggling to find anybody.

What? We just signed the #6 JUCO kid on Wednesday lol. There’s still other names we’re linked to as well. Cincinnati had been on Fredericks for a while, so it’s no big surprise there. We got him in for a visit that’s all we can do. I would imagine we’ll see some more names pop up. Still early in the Spring period.

I like Thiam.

Read my mind Baked. Only thing about him, I haven’t heard Dudley, RD, or even McPherson confirm that we were actually looking at him. Only thing I seen is that link from the LSU site.

RD said the other day, they (the coaches) were being quiet about who they were looking at. So, it may be that he told the LSU guy AR had reached out, but AR hasn’t told our reporters, yet.

True. I’m sure we’ll hear something soon. I do wonder why Thiam isn’t getting more buzz. He was a juco all american and jucorecruiting.com has him as a top 10 guy. Averaged almost 20 PPG and 10 RPG. Looks like he could also possibly play the SF. He can shoot the ball and his handles looks solid from what I could see.

I agree with you guys. Like Thiam. Also two inches taller than Fredericks. But no real buzz on him anywhere from any school.

I sent a pm to Blu a few days ago comparing Thiam to Fredricks. This is what I found:

Thiam 6-8 200 lbs - 19.7 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 1.8 APG - 47% FG, 34% 3PT, 79% FT

Fredricks 6-6 200 lbs - 17.7 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 1 APG - 47% FG, 32% 3PT, 79% FT

Thiam:

http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18/di … dthiamn0kc

Fredricks:

http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18/di … ericks8xmf

That seems like they’re very, very similar players.

Huh? They just signed a kid last week. Are looking at several others.They missed out on one kid and he’s struggling to find anybody.

There’s already going to be at least seven signees and a transfer.

Blu, you’re probably right, but I hope we don’t take on any projects.

I was thinking the same

Has Thiam been on campus?

THIS. Grad transfers, Jucos and Transfers who have to sit a year only. I’ve seen this staff reach for the stars way too many times in the spring time to ever want to see that again. Plus we already have 6 freshman and need to balance out the classes better.

Could you give some examples of this. Because the only reaches I’ve seen were Dobbie Jenkins and Dee Wagner. I think most people would agree those guys really weren’t high major caliber players. Everyone else was a good get at the time, even if they didn’t work. One of the names people throw out is Willy Kouassi, say what you want about him but had 30+ teams reach out to him after he announced he was leaving Kennesaw State, he was a former 4-star recruit, and he was ASUN defensive player of the year. Brachen Hazen is another name people toss around as a bad pick-up, I remember Purdue was taking a hard look at him before he signed with us, he was actually the highest rated recruit we had according to ESPN.

And if you’re going to knock the bad at least acknowledge the quality Spring additions the staff has landed… Fred Gulley III, Alandise Harris, Coty Clarke, Dustin Thomas, Dusty Hannahs, Jabril Durham, Manny Watkins, and Gabe O is the most recent. They’ve brought in more quality guys than reaches.

No.

Is AR interested? Is Thiam interested?