Rankings rundown

Here are the preseason rankings so far for Arkansas:

Perfect Game: 4
D1Baseball: 7
Collegiate Baseball: 9

I posted this in another thread, but it’s worth repeating: The rankings are typically all over the place in the preseason because the voting committees are so small for each poll. Last year, Arkansas was ranked between No. 12 and No. 25 in all of the preseason polls.

We use the USA Today coaches’ poll as our ranking of record, and that should be released sometime next week. The NCBWA and Baseball America polls have also yet to be released.

Ho-hum…just “another season” in the SEC West (6 of 7 teams in the Top 25)…

Arkansas is No. 11 in the Baseball America poll.

Baseball America is a little low on our hogs!

Arkansas is No. 5 in the coaches poll. I’ll need to double check this, but I believe that is the second-highest preseason ranking for the Razorbacks in that poll. They were No. 1 in the 2013 preseason.

Here is the full coaches poll, plus some more on Arkansas being in it:

A few highlights:

• There are nine ranked SEC teams, including six in the top 10. Arkansas plays all of the other ranked SEC teams except Vanderbilt.

• This is the 42nd consecutive coaches poll that Arkansas has been ranked dating to March 2017.

• It is the fifth time since 2007 that Arkansas has been ranked in the top 10 of the preseason coaches poll. The others were No. 7 in 2007; No. 8 in 2012; No. 1 in 2013; and No. 6 in 2018.

The poll dates to 1992, but I only have access to preseason polls going back to the mid-2000s. My guess is that the Razorbacks weren’t ranked in the top 10 in any of those early years in the SEC.