Ranking??

I noticed Arkansas did not even get any votes in the top 25 ranking this week, yet Indiana got 8 votes in the coaches poll. What is it going to take to get this team in the rankings? I know this team is young, but they seem to be coming on and could be really dangerous.

We actually lost 3 votes in the AP from last week. Basketball polls are tough to climb unless you beat a team that was ranked at the time you beat them. We win by 32 over a 9-1 team and lose 3 of our 6 votes. We could win all the games between now and our SEC schedule and probably still not crack the top 25. I’m not sure we’ve had a single vote in the coaches poll this year.

Meh. Ranking in December is meaningless. Beat Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky and/or Moo U and we’ll be ranked, and deserve it.

The RPI’s of the teams we’ve beaten other than FIU and Indiana aren’t very good. If we can win this game at CSU on the road, that will impress some folks, but don’t expect us to be ranked at all even if we win the rest of our games going into SEC play.