Random post: But just saw an old clip

of Brandon Dean getting an alley oop from Kareem Reid.

Could Dean jump out of the gym or what!!! I forgot how much I loved that dude until I saw that clip.

2 Likes

Dean is the best leaper I can remember at Arkansas. I think he won the college slam dunk contest his senior year. He was fun to watch.

7 Likes

Thanks for the video Matt! He was so good…he jumped so high even on his jump shot.

We have had some great players through the years…I wish someone would do a “where are they now”?

Brandon Dean, Teddy Gipson, Al Dillard, Derek Hood, Eugene Eugene the dunkin machine, Robert Crawford, Roosevelt Wallace, Clint McDaniel…just to name a few that I haven’t heard from in forever.

2 Likes

IMO Brandon was the best jumper I ever saw.

But Brandon disappeared at times and you would think he was not even playing, and boom. There he was!

It was like a step was placed around the rim he used to fly even higher.

2 Likes

Kareem Reid coached my late niece’s daughter in AAU ball several years. I’ve had the pleasure of being around him and visiting. A good guy. He attended my niece’s celebration of life service and gave me a big huge afterward. I think the world of him.

9 Likes

Wow. That brought back memories.
We’ve had the pleasure to watch some great basketball following our hogs.
Dean was a good one for sure.

2 Likes

Love this, thanks for posting. Dean was/is one of my favorite all time Hogs. I’ve got a lot of those games stored on some old VHS tapes. Amazing how far our video technology has come, wish we had some good clear video of the 80’s & 90’s games. WPS!

2 Likes

Perhaps Dean is the best Hog leaper of all time. Not sure. Sonny Wheems had a little spring too.

But, probably because his leaping ability made an impression on me at a young age, Tony Brown was one of my favorite Razorback leapers of all time.

Marvin Delph

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.