question for Richard

I don’t recall Ark ever having this many recruits this early in the process, have they changed their philosophy
after missing out on all the 5 stars at the end of the recruiting season last year? Deciding to go with more 3 stars with great upside that fit BB’s template? Comments?

They were more aggressive in offering kids in the 2017 class. They’re not afraid of going after the more highly recruited guys. They’re still on several.

Some years everything falls in place and you get a slew of commitments. It’s just one of those years. Plus it helps that Bielema is going into his fourth year and Arkansas has known about a lot of these guys for a few years.

I’ve never been a stars guy, but I understand the arguments for and against. I always say the most important rating is what Arkansas thinks of them. A recruiting service may rate a kid a a 4 or 5, but could Arkansas think otherwise and not be so high on the kid.

Remember Jalin Barnett? Arkansas loved his film, but Sam had some concerns about his ability after seeing him in-person. I believe some had him rated a 5*.