Question for insiders and posters

Since a universal “do-over” has been declared for 2020 (in essence everyone gets an extra year of eligibility), which seniors do you think might come back for another season (Franks, Morgan, etc.)? I’m assuming Boyd and Marshall will go the NFL route.

I would agree with your thought on Boyd and Marshall. I think how the season plays out will determine some of the rest.

I think De’Vion Warren is a possibility. Sam Pittman has spoken openly about wanting to have him back. I’d also add Hayden Henry. He’s another guy I’d like to have around another year.

1 Like

I think Iron Myron Cunningham would benefit from another year of development.

1 Like

I believe Burks will be 21 next March. Doesn’t that make him draft eligible? He may be a 1st round draft pick, if so.

I think the 21 rule is baseball.

That’s great. For some reason, I thought it was also for football.

The NFL will take people who have been out of high school for three years. Johnny Manziel, for instance, redshirted at TAM so he was drafted after his sophomore season. Age is not a factor. Amobi Okoye was drafted in the first round in 2007 when he was still 19; he enrolled at Louisville at age 16. Danielle Hunter was also 19 when he was drafted out of LSU in 2015; he was barely 17 when he enrolled at LSU.

I kind of think Grant Morgan is going to have to get that shoulder worked on after the season is over. If he wants a real shot at pro ball I would not be surprised to see him come back post-surgery rather than head into his NFL evaluation with a bad a shoulder. I’m not sure he’s fast enough to play LB in the NFL, but he’s been very productive this year.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.