Question for Doglesby and other insiders.

What do you think will be Thurman’s influence on our style of play next year? Will we see more sets?

Just a guess, but I imagine Scotty will do whatever Mike sets out for him. I would, wouldn’t you? And further, I’d guess that, given the skills mix of this roster Mike will want to push the “Fastest 40” style. But, and this is important, with a PG like Jaylen Barford I think they will be able to exploit whatever defense the opponent throws at them. It may take a little time, but fairly quickly imo they will be able to move seamlessly from one offense to another. For example, Barford will drive the ball as far as he can, either taking the shot himself, finding his wing man or kicking it back to the 3-point shooters like Hannahs, Hazen, Macon and Glasper. From there if still no score get into the half-court motion offense, looking for Kingsley.

I would, indeed. Just curious your thoughts. I feel like our recruiting posture has changed for the good and wonder Scotty’s influence. Maybe I’ve read too much into our success and his promotion.

I misread your original post… thought you were inquiring as to
Scotty’s impact on game strategy. He already has had a significant impact on recruiting and imo his effectiveness in recruiting is only going to get better and better. He is so personable, articulate, and of course can speak eloquently and truthfully on his positive experiences as a Razorback.

I misread your original post… thought you were inquiring as to
Scotty’s impact on game strategy. He already has had a significant impact on recruiting and imo his effectiveness in recruiting is only going to get better and better. He is so personable, articulate, and of course can speak eloquently and truthfully on his positive experiences as a Razorback.

Ditto on every word, I might be possibly jumping the gun however if the Hawgs can remain on the national level for several seasons (and they will) I think Scotty is the first assistant of CA That would become a D1 head coach somewhere

I think Scotty’s role as an assistant may not be so much determining game day strategy, but he has 1st experience on how to help Mike’s strategy work with the up tempo style.
He will be a tremendous help with the kids in the backcourt especially.
I think his recruiting is already paying off big time, doesn’t hurt to wear that NC Ring into a recruits home either.

Remember Scotty has been with Mike for over two years now. Other than being allowed to recruit off campus, there is nothing new here. He has been coaching in practices, etc, all this time.

Scotty has not been coaching in practice.
That would have been an NCAA violation.
Now he has watched practice and obviously knows what going on, but did not actively coach.
I doubt he has very much at all to do with game strategy, but certainly has helped recruiting.

I think he helped with Garland (as well as Brachen Hazen), but obviously Gafford and Hall were already in the fold before he got out on the road.