Question: CSF vs CCM

Coach Scott Frost was placed in a somewhat similar situation as CCM. He is taking over a team that performed poorly the last few years under Mike Riley and like CCM, took over with little time to recruit. How is he doing with the recruiting at NEB? I do not know, but am curious.
I really hate to say it, but I believe CCM has underperformed in recruiting SO FAR…

According to one site, they are ranked 23rd nationally with four 4-stars signed, enrolled or hard commits. Not sure that’s all Frost.

Have to believe being in the Heart of FL at Central FL also helped CSF on some “pre-existing” relationships that he established before he took the NEB job.

Morris wasn’t one of my top picks: Frost & Norvell were higher. I will say he’s doing as well as expected as he didn’t recruit well at SMU.

Do you have any idea what it’s like to recruit at SMU?

Ask anyone that does and they will tell you Morris recruited just fine there.

The class this year at one point before he left for Arkansas was rated higher than our class was.

[quote=“Poin77”]

Do you have any idea what it’s like to recruit at SMU?

Ask anyone that does and they will tell you Morris recruited just fine there.

The class this year at one point before he left for Arkansas was rated higher than our class was.

[/quote] haven’t seen any evidence of that. Frost & Norvell’s classes were consistently higher than Morris’s. However, he’s the Hog coach do I hope for the best

CCM will do fine He just simply was behind the 8 ball.
Chavis will have a huge impact on 19 recruiting class. It will get better.

[quote=“fatback”]

That’s because you don’t know what you’re talking about, not to be rude.

SMU has much higher academic standards than either Memphis or UCF, 1. 2, Memphus was a well oiled machine that Norvell just sat in and kept driving, thanks to justin fuente.

Frost did a fantastic job at UCF, but even they just a few years ago were a very very good team, then went really bad before he got there. He’s a great coach.

But neither situations were as bad as SMU when Chad took over. Their roster was pathetic, their players were flat out terrible, literally missing entire position groups. Very, very bad.

Also doesn’t help that even when they were winning they couldn’t get more than 5k in the stands, UCF has a nice new stadium, and Memphis fills the seats pretty well.

Chad did a really good job at SMU.

The two schools you are comparing to SMU aren’t
even in the same universe as far as academic
requirements are concerned. That’s just to gain
entrance and then the competition in the classroom
would make a grown man cry. :lol:

They don’t call it Memphis High as a compliment.

[quote=“Poin77”]

My response was in regard to the poster saying that SMU’s class was rated higher than ours. I’m familiar with the argument some put out there that SMU has higher academic standards than Memphis & UCF. I know that when they’re recruiting football & basketball players, those standards are lowered. Even at Vandy, which is on a different level than SMU, players are judged by different admission criteria than the normal students who are not athletes. Also Norvell had higher rated recruiting classes & higher attendance than Fuente ever had.

see above

I call it Tiger High.

That was me that stated that, and t was a fact.

There was a point a few months ago when our class was ranked some 72nd or so overall and Chads SMUclass was 64th, obviously that has changed, and obviously some was due to numbers.

But what I stated was certainly true, at some point in time, I don’t know the date, I just remember being shocked by it.

As to qualifying academically, I once again go to I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. SMU has high academic standards that apply to athletes as well as General population students.

Sure Norvell has higher attendance, Fuentes had to build the program and go through the growing pains of getting people to come. Once again, Norvell was handed a well oiled machine.

If Norvell was as good of a coach as I’ve seen mentioned, why did he not get one of the Many, many major job openings? It’s because of the scary thought that he’s never built a program as well as Some other personally issues.
Either way, he didn’t even get a strong consideration by any of these schools.

The only reason the Hogs won’t be where they ALWAYS are (20-30) is because of the # of signees this year. The caliber of athlete is practically identical to the past, based on the 247 web site past rankings… If your comparing a 20 rank to a 30 rank, your splitting hairs. They just moved up to a 57 ranking, they could make the top 40 before it’s over.

[quote=“Poin77”]

That was me that stated that, and t was a fact.

There was a point a few months ago when our class was ranked some 72nd or so overall and Chads SMUclass was 64th, obviously that has changed, and obviously some was due to numbers.

But what I stated was certainly true, at some point in time, I don’t know the date, I just remember being shocked by it.

As to qualifying academically, I once again go to I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. SMU has high academic standards that apply to athletes as well as General population students.

Sure Norvell has higher attendance, Fuentes had to build the program and go through the growing pains of getting people to come. Once again, Norvell was handed a well oiled machine.

If Norvell was as good of a coach as I’ve seen mentioned, why did he not get one of the Many, many major job openings? It’s because of the scary thought that he’s never built a program as well as Some other personally issues.
Either way, he didn’t even get a strong consideration by any of these schools.

[/quote] it was known that when Norvell took the Memphis job that he wanted the Ark job because of his connection to the state. The Rumor his supposed gambling issue was BS. He’ll be fine. Check back in 5 yrs

So what. I do too. I went to Rhodes.

[quote=“fatback”]

There is something in the shadows that is true that kept him from a bigger gig.

With 6 SEC job openings, and a hot name, he should’ve gotten a job, but didn’t.

He’s good, I’m not bashing him, but he’s not a better option than Chad, who has significant more experience and connections, and knows what it takes to bring a program out of the cellar.

[quote=“Poin77”]

I could debate your point about more experience but I won’t . Morris is our coach & I hope he succeeds. I just hope we don’t rue the day we passed on Norvell

I think Norvell will be an absolute stud P5 coach. I really wanted him, but am hopeful Morris will do a really nice job.

Time will tell…

Nebraska is currently 24
We are at 55.

I think we’ll rise a few spots, but we’re in the SEC so we’ll still be in the lower echelons of our conference. NEB will be in the upper half of their conference rankings meaning when they start WINNING more, their recruiting will continue to RISE…ours, I’m very HOPEFUL, but not optimistic…SECW is a BITCH!