Question about Ole Miss game

I have a question for anyone who watched the game. I have watched the replay a couple times and it looks to me that on RW’s last big run before our go ahead TD there was a blatant facemask tackle that jerked his head sideways. Am I seeing things? It was right in front of an official.

I watched the replay a few times. I don’t see it.

[quote=“jerryJ”]
I have a question for anyone who watched the game. I have watched the replay a couple times and it looks to me that on RW’s last big run before our go ahead TD there was a blatant facemask tackle that jerked his head sideways. Am I seeing things? It was right in front of an official.
[/quote]He is about the only one that didn’t get his facemask pulled. Maybe you are confusing that with an obvious missed call against a great catch by Hatch. I don’t think they called that easy call.

Bingo…you got it. I’ve watched the replay twice and it’s there.

Thanks for the response so far. I talked to six people this morning and they all saw it! Matt please look again.

Maybe we’re talking about a different play. Are you talking about the 22-yarder to the 6? I don’t see it on that play. I’ve watched it several times.

There was a missed facemask on the Hatcher third-and-9 catch just before it.

I’m talking about the 22 harder as he is going down. He either grabbed his facemask or helmet. I’ m not not trying to be argumentative. This is just fun conversation.

I saw that and think they had his helment. Now, is that the same as facemask? I don’t know.

Good question…I’ve seen the helmet grabbed a couple of times this year by the opposing player. Mostly other games. To me that is as bad as grabbing the face mask.

I was a slow small RB back in the day and had my head snapped more than once by a face mask or helmet grab. Those scared me worse than other hits.