QB John Stephen Jones named D-FW Offensive Player (story)...

of the year by the Dallas Morning News.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-s … layer-year

What is his current status with Arkansas?

You know . . . I just have a gut feel that he will stay home and play at SMU.

Guess we’ll find out in the next 3 weeks or so.

He has a blueshirt offer and Arkansas hopes he takes it.

We’ll see.

So a buddy of mine and I were debating this.

If you come from a family like JSJ do you take the scholarship because you’ve “earned it” (playing hard, practice, grades, etc) or do you just have awareness to say, “this scholarship could go to a kid that really needs it and I can walk on because frankly, the entire 4 year tuition probably cost my family less then we spend on a holiday weekend”

I’d like to think if I was in the position I would have the hays for the teams that offered me, put one on at the ceremony and announce I was walking on at that school.

I hear what you say. But to me, if kid a earns a scholarship from his high school play, he should take it. I don’t care what his family’s background is.

Agree. You earn it take it. Don’t care if the family is the richest in the world.

Just to be clear. I would never begrudge a kid for taking a scholarship he rightfully earned. I honestly hope jsj calls the hogs because I think he is a great player

I get you. No biggie.

Truthfully, these days there’s no way of knowing who is on scholarship, and who isn’t.

He also truly loves the Razorbacks and has always wanted to play here.

So take a scholarship somewhere else or fulfill your dream?