PWO RB Emmanuel Crawford and His Life Story

I haven’t seen it on the board, and may have just missed it, but the Hogs received a preferred walk-on commitment yesterday from running back Emmanuel Crawford of Grove, Oklahoma (Sam Pittman’s hometown).

He set the all-time record for yards rushing in Oklahoma’s Class 5A with more than 6,000 yards for his career. He will be joining a Razorback running back room with lots of depth, so playing time will probably be an uphill climb.

But I mention him because he has a very interesting life story. Emmanuel was born in Ghana and was sold into child slavery by his parents. He was eventually adopted by a family in Oklahoma, so from where he started in life to where he is today is a pretty amazing and inspiring story.

6 Likes

Here’s an interview he and his mother gave about a month ago.

5 Likes

What a great story! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

1 Like

And another short interview:

1 Like

Foster and adoptive parents, like our very own @ScottieBordelon, are true heroes.

Never been to Ghana, but have been about ten miles from the border while serving in Togo. A truly remarkable place full of great, loving people, but as we see, no place is immune from evil. Glad Emmanuel is home in America

4 Likes

True. Foster and adoptive families are hero’s.

3 Likes

Awesome Story! God bless him! Hopefully he can get his degree and help the team

2 Likes

Wonderful heartfelt story. Thank you for bringing it to the board. God Bless Emmanuel and the family who raised and loved him. I wish him and his family a sincere welcome to the University of Arkansas. GHG!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.