Putting Arkansas Basketball on the map.The Triplets Video

Just an Incredible video! Enjoy! I know I did.
fYI HDN talks a good bit about them so if you have a problem with that don’t watch the video.
Great to hear Rick Schaefer talk about them, before the message boards I used to call Rick from Atlanta and was so gracious to take my calls and talk to me about recruiting. I will always think a lot of him for that.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fun videos tonight.

Just a suggestion, don’t put anything on the line with the link, no periods, nothing. That will allow the video to be embedded in your post.

1 Like

OK Thanks Marty for editing it

1 Like

Wow! That brought back memories is the good old days! Coach Sutton did a feat job!

2 Likes

HDN was an incredible passer.

2 Likes

That was great. Thank you. All Arkansas fans have heard about The Triplets, but you had to have been there for it to really appreciate what they did. Arkansas Basketball was not much. We were certainly in the upper tier of the SWC, but that was not saying much. When Sutton and those guys came along, all of a sudden, it went from perhaps doing well in the SWC to the National Scene. I remember when a friend called me from Okla and asked about our potential seed in the NCAA. I thought, “What”! That never occured to me. Wow. That is what the Triplets did.

2 Likes

That’s debatable. Lanny Van Eman’s SWC finishes: Last, 6th, T-2nd, 5th. Duddy Waller before him: 7th, 5th, last, last. Glen Rose’s last top-half finish was in 1961. Even in a crappy league, we were crappy. Sutton’s first really good team, the 26-2 squad in 1977, there was real concern we wouldn’t make the NCAAT if we lost the SWC tournament final to Houston because the league was so poorly regarded. Fortunately we didn’t.

Were they close? I would like to think they would be but I don’t think I’ve ever really seen anyone say anything about their relationships.

I got there the year after Marvin and Boot left but from everything I’ve heard they were and are still close friends.

1 Like

That’s great, I assumed they would be, but really had never heard if they were. I had never followed basketball, didn’t know anything about how we were doing, until I saw We were ranked by Sports Illustrated and had a great record.I immediately started looking to see if I can find a way to listen to the games on radio and did so on KAAY… Great times.

Bring back the Slobber’n hog!!

1 Like

It’s on the floor, small, next to Nolan’s signature. Afraid that’s all we’re going to get.

I know the little hogs are there but that doesn’t seem to be enough We were a relevant team to be reckoned with when that hog was at center court. I am getting old and miss that.

2 Likes

Paint on the floor never made a three-pointer or grabbed a rebound, That’s what makes you relevant: How you play, not the logo on the court. I wouldn’t object if they brought Slobber Hog back but I also don’t care if they don’t.

That was truly a joy to watch. Thanks for posting Billy. Youdaman!

1 Like

Can’t believe just how long ago that was. About to graduate HS watching them play in Barnhill.
Thanks for the refresher.

1 Like

You’re welcome my friend, I was shocked when I found it,amazed someone hadn’t already posted it,but I have watched it 3 or 4 times lol

Wow, watching that brought tears to my eyes. Those years were my favorite time to be a Hog fan.

1 Like

Another good thing, in my opinion, they hung the big slobber hog flag in Walton at beginning of the year. Like many others I was a student on the hill then, the triplets were sure fun to watch, makes me feel old when I realize it has been that long ago and I am now retired.

1 Like

i was 8 years old when my daddy took me to barnhill to watch the triplets, it remains one of the best times of my life, 60 years later! Thanks for the memories.

2 Likes