Proud Uncle….kinda long

Tomorrow night Tulsa will play our Hogs in Fayetteville. My late nieces daughter is a freshman guard at Tulsa. My niece Donna was one of the biggest Hog fans anywhere. We sat by each other at many, many Hog football and basketball games. She could break a game down with the best. Donna passed away in Fayetteville in May of 2019. Our hearts were broken. Her daughter Caroline Lyles was just ending her freshman year at Fayetteville HS when her mom died. Caroline played her sophomore and junior years at Fayetteville HS. Coaches, teachers and teammates gave her much love after her loss. She moved to Texas with her dad for her senior year. Caroline ended up with well over 30 D1 offers before signing with Tulsa. My niece lived long enough to see her get her first offer from Murray State. I will never forget her mom calling us so excited about visiting Murray and getting the offer. We are so proud of Caroline and her sister Emily who is an honor student at Arkansas working on her Masters degree. Losing your mom at such a young age is so very tough. Caroline will have a large group of family and friends in the stands tomorrow night. We will watch on TV. She won’t be a starter but should get some time. Look for #30 for Tulsa. She wears her trademark white headband. We love her so much. Her mom was like another daughter to us.

Thanks friends. I needed to get that out.

23 Likes

Hope she get her first dunk!

3 Likes

Stuff from the heart is usually long. I will be rooting for her LD.

3 Likes

Awesome!! hopefully she will get in Danny

2 Likes

I’ll be watching and pulling for her, Danny.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be pulling for her.

2 Likes

We are looking forward to watching. Caroline was in my wife’s class. She is happy to see her do so well.

5 Likes

Just yesterday she was a blond headed child that loved to play chase with me. She reminds me so much of her mom in so many ways. She is so humble and sweet. She mentioned your wife being so nice to her after Donna died. Please thank her.

2 Likes

Wishing her a great game before her family and friends! WPS

2 Likes

Heartfelt sharing. Hope Caroline has a great year at Tulsa.

2 Likes

Cool post Danny. Great read my friend.

2 Likes

Caroline will have a bunch of insiders cheering for her tonight. Thanks for sharing your story that give this game special meaning.

2 Likes

God bless her. I can’t imagine losing a parent so young. Pulling for her.

2 Likes

I knw her adrenaline will be ski high, it would be amazing if her coach would start her, but I’ll be watching as well pulling for her, prolly get emotional to.

2 Likes

good luck caroline…may you play your best in your hometown!

2 Likes

Congrats my friend!

2 Likes