Proud of the Texas coach and his players

For not letting the would,-be bullies from Missouri get away with their intimidation tactiçs. In fact the horns threw it back in their faces, kicked their butts and rubbed their noses in it at the end. That so-called classy former Hogs coach let them intimidate his players the last two seasons. Thank God he’s gone.

our coaching change… :roll:

[quote=“Beejayhog”]

For not letting the would,-be bullies from Missouri get away with their intimidation tactiçs. In fact the horns threw it back in their faces, kicked their butts and rubbed their noses in it at the end. That so-called classy former Hogs coach let them intimidate his players the last two seasons. Thank God he’s gone.

[/quote]Not to get into a peeing contest, and not to defend the past (have let it go, which some cannot seem to do) but just how does the coach control whether players feel intimidated or not? If the players don’t have the moxie to react accordingly, it would seem to be more a player concern than a coach concern.

It’s just easy to blame the coach for EVERYTHING, when you don’t like the coach.

I’ve gotten over my lifelong hatred of Texas enough to be completely ok with the fact that they thumped Mizzou. However if by rubbing their noses in it you are referring to Herman mocking Lock’s TD dance, I thought that was bush league. Completely unnecessary and not a good look for Texas. I hope we never have a coach in any sport that will stoop to publicly mocking an opposing player. Say what you will about our former coach, I for one am thankful for the way in which he conducted himself while representing the UA.

I normally root for SEC teams and I do have a son that will be graduating from Missouri in May.(praise be!) However, I am not and will not likely ever be a fan of the blackish gray and gold. Glad those pretenders got thumped and don’t care if Texas rubbed their noses in it. Had Mizzou played our schedule they would not have even been a bowl team.

I thought it was absolutely AWFUL the way Tom Herman acted on the sideline. No division 1 coach should ever act that way on the sidelines. He can do what he chooses in the locker room but not in front a cameras.

I thought it was a horrible look for Tom Herman.

I’m pretty sure Texass isn’t paying Tom Herman $5 million a year to act like a jackass on the sideline. Didn’t see the game, glad I missed that little display of unsportsmanlike conduct.

[quote=“jerrys4hogs”]

I thought it was absolutely AWFUL the way Tom Herman acted on the sideline. No division 1 coach should ever act that way on the sidelines. He can do what he chooses in the locker room but not in front a cameras.

I thought it was a horrible look for Tom Herman.

[/quote]I am with you, don’t care for the self promoting and tough guy antics from the players, so one can imagine how I feel about it from the Coaches. I am so out of touch, I was going to have to adjust my attitude if Malzahn had been sincere in his Arkansas interest and did his “boom” stuff on our sidelines!

I am never proud of anything Texas does. Sorry. Can’t go there. I understand the thoughts on Missouri. But I will not be happy about a Texas victory against anyone but Russia.

Just watched his “dance.” Tom Herman should be ashamed of those actions.

I was a little surprised about how Texas acted at the end.
First they ran a trick play to score that last touchdown when most teams would have just run straight ahead to wind the clock down, then didn’t they get three or four “unsportsmanlike conduct” fouls in the final minutes for taunting plus a player got thrown out for targeting?
And Hermann did look pretty stupid dancing around during all that going on and showing the Horns.
I saw that Mizzou guy doing “downward Horns” before the game but it had to be more than that to get them so riled up.

I’m not quite as soft on Texas as you are, Clay. If Texas plays Russia, I’ll be wearing a babushka & yelling, “Go comrades, beat Texas.” Just so we’re clear on where I stand with Texas.

This…

When I turned on the game last night, my wife asked who I was rooting for. I have to admit when I told her neither, I really wanted to tell her I was rooting for a sink hole, a big one.

We haven’t played Texas annually since 1990. Who cares? I don’t

Keith, I told my wife that I would be happy if both could
lose. SEC over the ugly orange is the only way I would
prefer one over the other.

The shorthorns coach made an ass of himself on
national TV- I consider that a good thing. It helps
cement even more negative feelings against them.

The 27 years since 1990 represents slightly less than half the time I’ve been following the Hogs. None of the past 27 years were my formative ones. I learned to be a Hog fan 57 years ago. I haven’t unlearned it. Among the things I also learned was to hate Texas. You ask, “who cares?” I do. If you don’t, it’s your business, but don’t be coming on here suggesting that none of the rest of us shouldn’t. It’s sports for Pete’s sake. We all get to pick who we root for & who we root against & with how much fervor we have for either emotion.

Proud of Texas and doubled back for a jab at CBB.

Proud Of. Texas.

What’s the world coming to?

Mercy.

I like that, a sink hole. Sorry, couldn’t resist.