Projecting top prospect to Arkansas

I’m liking Arkansas to land O-lineman Chris Morris at this time. I just added him up top: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23201&p=166776#p166776

Morris, 6-4, 280 pounds, of Memphis Freedom Prep Academy, has offers from Arkansas, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas A&M, Alabama, Florida and Georgia, among others.

ESPN profile: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/foot … ris-morris

That’s big time. Would be a good way to start this class off

Anytime soon?

Would be a huge get and great way to set the tone for 2020. Much needed.

No time frame. Just feel real good about him right now.

Close on calling Arkansas for OL Ray Curry of Memphis White Station and OL Ty’Kieast Crawford of Carthage,Texas.

Awesome. Big’uns on the OL is what i’d like to start out with.

You serious Clark?

That would be awesome news this is the missing link for us becoming an offensive powerhouse!

What about Capers? I’ve read he may be close to commiting.

But that means we’ll have to be patient for a few years while a) they arrive on campus and b) they develop into fully functional SEC quality offensive linemen. We will be better, but adding quality and depth on the O-line after doing that on the D-line could be the payoff. Again, it’s always wait until next year, and the next, and the next…

I think Arkansas is in very good shape, not ready to call that.

Just the nature of that position, very few freshmen OL come in prepared to play in the SEC, however some are thrown into fire early out of necessity as we know very well here. Why there needs to be an abundance of quality Olinemen to keep the redshirt ranks full and revolving.

Exactly what do you want? OL that are ready to start as a freshman don’t come along every day, even at Alabama.