– Senior receiver Jared Cornelius was not seen at practice today. Chad Morris said yesterday morning that Cornelius was dealing with an ankle injury. Cornelius, unfortunately for Arkansas, has not had a great final season. He has just five catches for 53 yards, and his last reception came in Week 5 against Texas A&M. He has caught no more than two passes in any game this season and his season-high for yards is 27 against North Texas.
– Running back Chase Hayden was practicing today. Hayden tweeted last night around 6:30 p.m. that his grandmother - his father’s mother - passed away.
– Santos Ramirez was getting some individual work in with an assistant and focusing on his tackling technique and squaring up to his target. After one oh his reps, he looked toward Bobby Allen on the sideline, who gave him a thumbs up.
– Armon Watts (quad) was in green but running with the first group of defensive linemen alongside Sosa Agim, TJ Smith and Randy Ramsey. Briston Guidry, wearing a brace on his left knee, and Dorian Gerald weren’t out there when we first walked onto the practice field, but jogged out moments later.
– Rakeem Boyd (back/tailbone) was practicing without restrictions it appeared. He was getting some treatment from a trainer prior to taking the field. Did not see Devwah Whaley, who recently had surgery on his ankle. Morris said he expects to have Whaley back sometime in November.
– Offensive linemen in green jerseys today: left tackle Colton Jackson (back spasms), right guard Johnny Gibson (knee) and Noah Gatlin. On Monday, Morris labeled Jackson as probable for Vanderbilt; Gibson is day-to-day.