Practice observations - 10/2

– Before practice today, Jeremy Patton tweeted that he had successful surgery. Patton left the game on Saturday with a lower leg injury after playing just a couple of snaps and dropping his third ball of the season. Chad Morris yesterday said Patton would miss the Alabama game, but did not go into any detail. Now we know why.

– Tight end Cheyenne O’Grady, who had something of a breakout game against Texas A&M, did not practice today because of strep throat. Grayson Gunter and Hayden Johnson were the only two available tight ends today.

– With Chevin Calloway stepping away from the team this morning via a post on his Instagram page, Arkansas looked extremely thin at corner heading into this weekend. But Britto Tutt was back at practice today working with the defense without restrictions. I still have to believe Jarques McClellion is the corner who will start opposite of Ryan Pulley on Saturday, but any kind of depth is a plus. Buster Brown also had his right ankle taped prior to practice today.

– Devwah Whaley (concussion) was not practicing today either. I saw Whaley in a yellow jersey as we walked away from the practice fields. Morris listed Whaley as “day-to-day” on Monday. I can’t imagine this is the week he makes his return. Receiver/kick returner Gary Cross was also in a green jersey.

[quote=“ScottieBordelon”]

– Before practice today, Jeremy Patton tweeted that he had successful surgery. Patton left the game on Saturday with a lower leg injury after playing just a couple of snaps and dropping his third ball of the season. Chad Morris yesterday said Patton would miss the Alabama game, but did not go into any detail. Now we know why.

Tight end Cheyenne O’Grady, who had something of a breakout game against Texas A&M, did not practice today because of strep throat. Grayson Gunter and Hayden Johnson were the only two available tight ends today.

– With Chevin Calloway stepping away from the team this morning via a post on his Instagram page, Arkansas looked extremely thin at corner heading into this weekend. But Britto Tutt was back at practice today working with the defense without restrictions. I still have to believe Jarques McClellion is the corner who will start opposite of Ryan Pulley on Saturday, but any kind of depth is a plus. Buster Brown also had his right ankle taped prior to practice today.

– Devwah Whaley (concussion) was not practicing today either. I saw Whaley in a yellow jersey as we walked away from the practice fields. Morris listed Whaley as “day-to-day” on Monday. I can’t imagine this is the week he makes his return. Receiver/kick returner Gary Cross was also in a green jersey.

[/quote]I may have missed something somewhere, but where was Austin Cantrell?

Ah, forgot about him. He was out there. When I was first walking on the practice fields the only tight ends I saw were Johnson and Gunter. But Cantrell was out there. Thank you for the heads up.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

We have a winner!!! Scottie was just seeing if people were paying attention.

Yw. We all miss some occasionally. Thanks for the practice report.

When will Kevin Richardson be available?

Richardson played in A&M game.

Kind of surprised we haven’t seen Richardson at corner with Calloway’s absence. Must not be full speed yet.

Kevin Richardson is starting at the nickel where McClure and Munson have also played.

He said today that he believed Arkansas was fine at the CB spots with Pulley, Tutt, Brown and McClellion.

And the Auburn game.

Nate Dalton is also available at corner. He’s working at nickel back, but can play corner, too.

Is one to assume Jordan Curtis just isn’t someone that can help them at CB? If so, our decision to take him over Tre Norwood was a mistake.

How’s Norwood doing?

Starting and I think better than the other corner. Not as good as Pulley, but certainly good enough to provide depth. Curtis doesn’t even travel.

Norwood has 21 total tackles in five games, including a sack; broke up two passes, no interceptions.