– Eric Musselman, Anthony Ruta and another member of the basketball staff showed up and took in the first practice of the fall.
– First-team offensive line (L –> R): LT Colton Jackson, LG Austin Capps, C Ty Clary, RG Shane Clenin, RT Dalton Wagner.
– Second-team offensive line: LT Myron Cunningham, LG Kirby Adcock, C Silas Robinson, RG Ryan Winkel, RT Noah Gatlin.
– First-team skill players: Mike Woods, De’Vion Warren, Deon Stewart, Cheyenne O’Grady and Rakeem Boyd/Devwah Whaley at running back. Trey Knox, Jordan Jones, Tyson Morris were at receiver with the 2s and they were joined by Grayson Gunter and Chase Hayden/TJ Hammonds.
– Ben Hicks worked with the first team, Nick Starkel second and KJ Jefferson/John Stephen Jones followed. We will have video of the quarterbacks on the site tonight.
– When the horn sounded signaling the end of a period, Arkansas’ strength staff, including Trumain Carroll, dropped down and did 10 push-ups. He said it was the idea of Lance Yancy, an assistant strength and conditioning coach. He previously worked as a GA and was an intern at Texas A&M prior to his time at SMU under Chad Morris.
– There weren’t really any surprise absences today. By my count, there were 17 offensive linemen at practice. I did not see Audry Horn, Logan Kallesen and Drew Vest, though.
– Just another couple of observations: I walked in and one of the first players I saw was Matatio Soli, and he noticeably is carrying around much more muscle than he was in the spring. It was kind of stunning. KJ Jefferson is the same way. He is 6-2, 228 pounds, according to the roster. He looks like a grown man.
– Treylon Burks, Jalen Catalon and Britto Tutt were all wearing knee braces.
Updated: Tyson Morris was the third receiver working with 2s. Apologies for writing Jordan Jones twice.