Practice notes and observations - Sept. 24

Hmmm, that’s a surprise to me. He was our highest ranked recruit. I thought he’d quickly move into the #2 TE and have some sets with CJ and Hudson on the field together.

Hudson doesn’t look physically ready to me… nothing like Hunter as a freshman.

Sadly, we haven’t had a game where we could get the new players meaningful reps so that they can play in 4 games and still redshirt. With 3 of our 4 non-conference games in the book, the only way to get them playing time will likely be in the second half of games against the power of the west. And yes, that does mean I think we’ll lose some of those games by big points. I’d hate to be a K.J. Jefferson and get my first snaps against Alabama’s defense.

LaDarrius will be a solid player. I do not recall All-SEC ever being mentioned. He played last week because Montaric Brown was out. Not because of any other reason. He will play better next time. Both Brown and Brooks are still learning.

This is a good example why “instant success is not walking in @ Arkansas anytime soon.” These three are four star recruits, some of the best recruited at their position in a long time. Many fans think that means they will walk in and play flawlessly/effectively against other talented players with 3-4 years of more development, experience, and seasoning. It just don’t work that way. So, if we are struggling with positions where we recruited well, at least last year, imagine how we will struggle where we did not recruit that well last year and even worse in the years before…offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, safety, etc.

From last Friday

I wonder what Richard sees that you don’t Scottie?

Well, I don’t want to speak for RD, but having covered his recruitment I’m sure he saw a lot of potential and playmaking ability. He did say, “before he leaves.” I don’t doubt LaDarrius can become a great player. He’s still young and still learning.

The guy is a RS freshman. I stand by what I said. People inside the building think the same.

If he doesn’t become All SEC before he leaves I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Some folks just figure “why wait, it is more fun to assume you are wrong now. Besides, you might be right and then we would miss the fun of wallowing in negativity. Better for them to start the negativity now and not miss out.” :angry:

I understand why fans are on edge, Sat. was a major embarrassment to the program.

I would hope we could debate without making it personal.

who has made it personal? You think LB will be all sec. I don’t. I’d like to know why you think he will.

Not making it personal, but I’d like to hear why you think he won’t.

Physically he has all the tools. He has size, length, makeup speed that most don’t have.

He has three more years of coaching and development. As I noted, there’s people in the Smith center that believe the same. Guess we’ll see in a few years.

Because I’ve not seen good coaching on the defensive side of the ball from the UA in years and LSU and Bama are littered with 5* DBs and typically will get the benefit of the doubt

I’m not sure that’s a good thing

Who was the last true All SEC defensive back at Arkansas? First or second team, coaches/AP.

I’m trying to think and i can’t remember one getting 1st or 2nd team. Pulley got a 3rd, one season, and was a dud the next, went unstaffed, never thought he was truly and All SEC Corner.

If LB becomes a true All sec corner that would be great. But he’s got a long way to go

There were several in the 1990s and early 2000s. The most recent was Michael Grant and Matt Hewitt in 2007.

Believe Tramain Thomas earned one of those as well, which probably would’ve been 2009 or 2010.