Arkansas practiced outdoors today and went in full pads. Here are a few takeaways from the 15-minute viewing period this afternoon:
• I forgot to note this yesterday, but linebackers Zach Zimos and Hayden Henry have been working in their own group this week. I believe they were spending time with Barry Odom today. There was plenty of drills emphasizing ripping off of blocks.
The remainder of the linebackers were on the far end of the turf field. I saw them working on jumping on fumbles and loose balls as well as their other daily drills.
• Sophomore receiver Treylon Burks made the catch of the open portion of practice. From the slot, he crossed the field heading toward the right sideline. I did not see who threw the pass, but Burks reeled the ball in with ease using only his left hand. He made a really challenging catch look almost routine. I’m always impressed with his burst and sure hands after watching him for even just a few moments.
• Staying with the receivers, Mike Woods was very vocal with his group, encouraging teammates to keep the energy and effort at a high level. I know Woods is looking to have a productive junior season and be a guy others in his room look to as a leader.
• Additionally, here is how I think the receivers stack up in terms of depth:
Top 3: Trey Knox, Treylon Burks, Mike Woods
Next 3: Tyson Morris, T.J. Hammonds, De’Vion Warren
Karch Gardiner looked to be receiving reps behind Knox and Morris, and Kendall Catalon jumped in behind Woods and Warren.
• Here is the rundown on the offensive line groups today:
First team: LT Myron Cunningham, LG Brady Latham, C Shane Clenin, RG Beaux Limmer, RT Noah Gatlin
Second team: LT Dylan Rathcke, LG Jalen St. John, C Luke Jones, RG Drew Vest, RT Ray Curry
• Offensive line coach Brad Davis and Sam Pittman were really vocal with the O-linemen today. Those two appear to be really pushing this group to be ready both mentally and physically for Game 1, which is approaching quickly.
• Reporters will get to talk to special teams coordinator Scott Fountain and a pair of players – not sure who they are yet – tonight around 7 p.m.